Islamonazism the real danger ?

ban-all-sheds said:
If something is posted under the name of "david and julie" then we must assume that it is a joint posting of a shared opinion for which collective responsibility is accepted by the both of you.

No other interpretation of "david and julie" makes sense.

And it's not I that has a problem with this - it appears to be you. I am perfectly happy to carry on ascribing what "david and julie" posts to you both.

When you say then we must assume who else do you mean? if you are speaking for more than one person(or shed) you should make that clear in your posts.

And it's not I that has a problem with this

I presume you mean have rather than has, if you don't have a problem why mention it?

BTW, these diversionary tactics at avoiding the challenge of both rederech and user 56565's excellant and factual posts, which jointly wipe the floor with you, won't last long.

Sponsored Links
kendor said:
JulieL said:
Blimey Kendor! I don't think it'll take very long to suss out Dave from me do you?
I do still think new posters will be confused and think they are talking to a couple would a change of name be appropriate?

I'm not changing my user name...........but I'll ask Dave what he thinks about changing the david and julie username.........but I think you and I know the answer...... ;) :LOL:

ban-all-sheds said:
And it's not I that has a problem with this - it appears to be you.

Ban all sheds - I (julieL) or Dave (david and Julie) didn't identify this as a problem.........it was you not us that raised this point in the first place!

david and julie said:
ban-all-sheds said:
If something is posted under the name of "david and julie" then we must assume that it is a joint posting of a shared opinion for which collective responsibility is accepted by the both of you.

No other interpretation of "david and julie" makes sense.

And it's not I that has a problem with this - it appears to be you. I am perfectly happy to carry on ascribing what "david and julie" posts to you both.

When you say then we must assume who else do you mean? if you are speaking for more than one person(or shed) you should make that clear in your posts.
I think it is fairly common in conversations/debates/arguments for one person to say to another something like "Are we to assume then..", or "What should we make of...", or "Should we take it then...". I'm sure you must have encountered that type of phrase before.

And it's not I that has a problem with this

I presume you mean have rather than has, if you don't have a problem why mention it?
Thank you for correcting my grammar. Always an excellent diversionary tactic.

BTW, these diversionary tactics at avoiding the challenge of both rederech and user 56565's excellant and factual posts, which jointly wipe the floor with you, won't last long.
Not really sure what you mean by that, or what you think is the point of it. What they have written here is of no relevance, as I was not commenting on that, just the irony that I saw in what JulieL wrote.

Sponsored Links
JulieL said:
ban-all-sheds said:
And it's not I that has a problem with this - it appears to be you.

Ban all sheds - I (julieL) or Dave (david and Julie) didn't identify this as a problem.........it was you not us that raised this point in the first place!

My apologies then - I must have misinterpreted this:

JulieL said:
Accurate observation according to you!

Quite frankly I find your comments rather rude.......Don't try and patronise me.......with your smart ar*e comments ........

as indicating that you did have a problem with it.

Thank you for making it clear that it's perfectly OK to treat posts by "david and julie" as though they are from you just as much as they are from Dave.

ban-all-sheds said:
Thank you for making it clear that it's perfectly OK to treat posts by "david and julie" as though they are from you just as much as they are from Dave.

Of course! That's your choice!! :rolleyes:

JulieL said:
but I'll ask Dave what he thinks about changing the david and julie username:

I think everyone should change their username on the same day and see how long it takes to work out who people are.

Another idea I had was to have a mud-wrestling competition between the do-gooder apologist loony leftist liberals and the mad-dog rabid fascist extremists. Or perhaps it was just a dream I had. :)

petewood said:
JulieL said:

I think everyone should change their username on the same day and see how long it takes to work out who people are.

Another idea I had was to have a mud-wrestling competition between the do-gooder apologist loony leftist liberals and the mad-dog rabid fascist extremists. Or perhaps it was just a dream I had. :)

Pervert :LOL:

petewood said:
JulieL said:

The regulars have their own writing tone and style which stands out a mile!

If there was any confusion though.......a Muslim/Europe/Gypsy/Refugee thread would identify them immediately! :LOL: :LOL:

I think cowboys and indians would be better..........wonder who'd win!? :LOL:

JulieL said:
I think cowboys and indians would be better..........wonder who'd win!? :LOL:

Wouldn't mention Indians if I were you, getting into slightly dodgy territory there. :)

ban-all-sheds said:
Maybe if David put his signature at the bottom to stop the confusion.

David or Dave whatever.

or

This is NOT Julie :LOL:

Masona, there was no confusion in the first place, Ban is just nit-picking and trouble causing(again).Nobody else showed any concern at all.

I originally registered under D&J as I use that name on other sites. Even though it says D&J it is only me doing the writing. Several months later Julie took an interest in the site and answered a few posts using D&J. However she always signed them Julie at the bottom(like you have suggested). I said this is confusing why don't you register yourself, which she did. So in reality D&J is me and JulieL is her. We don't always agree and we write for ourselves.

The fact that D&J is 2 names is totally irrelevant. Your registered name can be anything, such as Masona, ban-all-sheds,FWL engineer, pipme, etc. They are not real names, they are just what people use for recognition purposes. There is no need for me to change it and any newcomers would assume we are different people anyway. D&J and JulieL are clearly different members.

I repeat, Julie speaks for herself, she has her own mind. I certainly wouldn't change it for B-A-S and give him, her,it(do buildings have a gender?)any satisfaction.

david and julie said:
Masona, there was no confusion in the first place,
Yes there was, hence my "irony" post directed at Julie because of things you had said in the past, not her.

Ban is just nit-picking and trouble causing(again).Nobody else showed any concern at all.
Not nit-picking, just trying to show how when there are two people, one of whom makes posts which clearly come from just them, and the other who makes posts that appear to be a joint effort, attribution can get confused.

I originally registered under D&J as I use that name on other sites. Even though it says D&J it is only me doing the writing. Several months later Julie took an interest in the site and answered a few posts using D&J. However she always signed them Julie at the bottom(like you have suggested). I said this is confusing why don't you register yourself, which she did. So in reality D&J is me and JulieL is her. We don't always agree and we write for ourselves.
Fine, and now I know. Please don't be surprised though if at some point in the future somebody else thinks that "david and julie" are two people, not one.

The fact that D&J is 2 names is totally irrelevant. Your registered name can be anything, such as Masona, ban-all-sheds,FWL engineer, pipme, etc. They are not real names, they are just what people use for recognition purposes. There is no need for me to change it and any newcomers would assume we are different people anyway. D&J and JulieL are clearly different members.
They are different IDs, not necessarily owned by different members - internet fora and usenet groups have a long tradition of people adopting multiple identities.

The reply I made to Julie's post was not done out of nit-picking, or to cause trouble. It was done because I genuinely believed that posts made by "david and julie" had been made by David and Julie

I repeat, Julie speaks for herself, she has her own mind. I certainly wouldn't change it for B-A-S and give him, her,it(do buildings have a gender?)any satisfaction.
Doesn't bother me if you change it or not:
JulieL said:
ban-all-sheds said:

Of course! That's your choice!! :rolleyes:
Now that I know, it would be pretty perverse for me to do that....

ban-all-sheds said:
Yes there was, hence my "irony" post directed at Julie because of things you had said in the past, not her.

Please don't be surprised though if at some point in the future somebody else thinks that "david and julie" are two people, not one.
The reply I made to Julie's post was not done out of nit-picking, or to cause trouble. It was done because I genuinely believed that posts made by "david and julie" had been made by David and Julie

Doesn't bother me if you change it or not:

Re your irony post directed at me because of things Dave had said in the past
You replied to juliel.........therefore the only logical conclusion that I could have made from that was that you must have known it was me!.....if you wanted to 'direct' the irony comment at Dave you should have said that in the post - I think it was quite reasonable of me to assume that the comments you made were directed at me - which annoyed me as my 'politics' are very different to Dave's

Re people thinking david and julie are two people
Fine!.......the people who contribute regularly on here know the score....new contributers can assume whatever they like!

Re it doesn't bother me if you change it or not
Good!........end of conversation!

Sponsored Links
Back