Island Cooker Hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everyone!

I'm currently planning out a new kitchen design for our house, and am set on getting an island with an island extractor above it. The problem I'm having is that the room is a standard height of 2350, but the smallest height of extractors i can find are around 700mm. This means that the extractor will be 1650mm from the floor.
Im not exactly a giant at 1780mm (5'10"), but at that height i'd be forever hitting my head on it and would have to duck below it to use the hobs which is impractical, and slightly ridiculous.
Does anyone know where I can get an extractor that has a height 550mm or less. I know that at this height it won't be as effective, but at least I'll be able to get at the hobs without the risk of concussion or losing an eye!

Thanks in advance for any help offered!

Sponsored Links
Extractor hoods to do the job correctly, should be installed at a height of between 650-750mm above the hob.
So taking in to consideration your ceiling to finished floor height i of 2350mm, the extractor height of 700mm and your worktop height will be somewhere near 900mm, your pretty bang on the money and at an ideal distance.
You will find that the introduction of the kitchen unit where the hob will be housed, will prevent your head getting in to any serious danger.

And dont forget if you wish it to extract and not recirculate your going to have to duct it to an exterior wall between the joists !

Sponsored Links
I'm in the same boat as the original post. Anyone found a island extractor that is more like 550cm from the ceiling?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back