Workaround need for Cooker Extraction Hood 650cm Gap HELP!!!

tkw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I am having a new kitchen fitted and just worked out that I have a real issue with the Cooker/Extractor Hood.
All the wall units are the same size and height above the worktop and gas hob (and just found out that will need to be 650mm for the extractor above hob).The built in cooker hood is an 'invisible' one that fits inside the cupboard.
Bosch extractor to fit 800w x 370d mm cupboard - Ikea 5 x wall units 800 x 370 x 800mm H

650mm will just be too much to reasonable use/reach the shelves above (I am 5'7"/170cm)

My question is,
Can I reduce the height of the cupboards and extractor to 570mm above the work top/gas hob? I know this will be an issue with the warranty, but would there be other issues?

Otherwise could I move the extractor higher up within the cupboard, say to the middle section of the cupboard so the bottom of the cupboards could be somewhere between 530 to 570 mm above the worktops, but the extractor would be higher within at 650mm?

Any help will be much appreciated as I only have a couple days until the plaster dries as we already have the cupboards and equipment waiting!
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back