Island kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How complex is it to install one with plumbing?

Will be looking at extending the house to the rear. Existing kitchen into an open plan dining area leading into the new kitchen with utility room on the end. This will only leave one side to put a sink in but as this is the garden side i would rather open it up with the outside with french doors or similar meaning the only place is an island sink ideally directly opposite the french doors for outside view and roughly 6 feet from existing sink.

Would this add much to the quote in respect to an outside wall sink. Is it straight forward or quite complex for a builder being a new build.

Sponsored Links
any plumbing is complex to a builder.

but a plumber quite straight forward.
is it screed floor or floorboards ?

As it will be new extension and on ground floor im presuming screed to keep with the rest of the ground floor.

hot/cold not a problem its getting the waste in with the right fall etc.
i useally run any pipework in screed in a proper duct.

floor_ducting.jpg

Sponsored Links
It would need to be incorporated @ the design/drawing stage to allow route in/under screed which would affect the floor detail. Then where waste exits the wall @ low level it will need to connect to the existing drain run, which would involve new underground pipework which has to be inspected /tested. So yes, there is a bit more than just putting a new waste into the existing pipes ;) But I would say it`s a worthwhile exercise, to gain that opening to the garden. And an island unit looks posh.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back