Isolating Push Fit Pipes to Tap's in Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, never used push fit before so not entirely sure how they work.

Since moving into the house ive noticed that Hot/Cold differ across our taps and want to get them all the same, most have a brass compression valve with isolator on so straight forward.....but in the kitchen they are connected by push fit connectors with no isolation valve.

Is this going to make the task much more difficult? Cold water is mains, hot water is cylinder.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Cold tap to kitchen will be mains, so turning off stop cock will turn off feed to tap

If you have a vented hot water cylinder, the hot water comes out the top of the cylinder is pushed out by pressure from cold water from tank in loft, if you have an isolation valve going into hot water tank turn that off. If not turn off cold water mains and run cold taps upstairs until cold tank emptied

obviously open kitchen taps before disconnecting

If you have unvented cylinder, somebody else will need to say how’s its done, I know nothing about them

Cold tap to kitchen will be mains, so turning off stop cock will turn off feed to tap

If you have a vented hot water cylinder, the hot water comes out the top of the cylinder is pushed out by pressure from cold water from tank in loft, if you have an isolation valve going into hot water tank turn that off. If not turn off cold water mains and run cold taps upstairs until cold tank emptied

obviously open kitchen taps before disconnecting

If you have unvented cylinder, somebody else will need to say how’s its done, I know nothing about them
Thanks, I thought that may be the case! And I assume you mean run hot taps/hot tank? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Turn off the cold supply to the cylinder.
Open hot tap(s), some water will flow out under pressure until the expansion vessel is empty.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back