Isolating radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I'm having some issues with removing rediators for decorating. I cannot seem to isolate the value where the TRV was. The value itself doesn't seem to isolate it and taking it off and turning it doesn't either. All I get is water gushing out when I open the radiator nut.
I've attached some photos.
20181102_151613.jpg
20181102_151624.jpg
20181102_151613.jpg

Any ideas please. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
As it is, that’s fully open. You need a decorators cap for it. Either that or try to refit the head with a 5p piece between the valve and head and then close it off.

Ahh OK Can it not be isolated without capping. Do I have to drain the system to be able to cap. Thank for the help.

Sponsored Links
OK.

So I cannot manually turn the value at the top once the TRV is off to isolate it.

yes you can but as said if the temperature drops the valve will open so see if you can what is called a decorators cap that fits your valve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back