Isolating valve / connectors not fitting. Pipe bend

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am trying to fit a 15mm isolating valve on a copper pipe. The olive / ring is not going over the pipe because I have bend the mouth of the pipe.

Any advice on how I can fix this issue?

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Cut the pipe back with a pipe slice if possible and try again......there's not much pipe enters an isolation valve at the best of times.
John :)

Thanks. I cannot cut more as there is a 2 way pipe connection very close to it. Is there any other option?

Sponsored Links
A pic would help. 2 way connection? Do you mean a tee? It sounds like youve buggered your pipe so best way is to cut out the tee and and replace the pipework. If youve got a bit of play in the pipe you may be able to use a push fit tee.

I am trying to fit a 15mm isolating valve on a copper pipe. The olive / ring is not going over the pipe because I have bend the mouth of the pipe.

How did you bend it? Is it at the mouth of pipe that is distorted?

Use a compression straight in it and hit it with hammer carefully, it usually bring it back to near perfect round.

I did it the same on a incoming 22mm water main an inch above concrete floor.

Daniel.

If it just the end of the pipe you could try to get it round again with a pair of grips

Thank you very much everyone for trying to help. Much appreciated.

I will obiviously call someone in on Monday but I need the water supply to my house restored as it is being turned off because of this problem. I attach a picture to explain the current situation.

1). The hot water pipe has been fitted with an isolating valve. So, assuming it is tight, it is no longer a problem.

2). The cold water is a problem as I have cut very close to the tee junction and I cannot put on an isolating valve / connector pipe on it. The mouth of the pipe is bend and I have tried to fix it but may have ended up making it worse. I have tried a speedfit kit but the white pipe is not going over the copper pipe and using speedfit without it makes it constantly leak.

To stop the dripping, I had to install an isolating valve a bit further on the pipe but that means that the water to my house is blocked.

One solution would have been to cut off the tee junction completely and fit a new one. However, my silverline cutter is too big and is not fitting into that area.

So, I have a stalemate. No leak (almost) but no water in the house.

Any ideas, please? I will be very grateful for any advice.

Thank you.
View media item 75943

As already stated.

Get a 15mm compression straight, take out the olive, put nut back on, then loosely put in a small bit of pipe in the other end.

Tap the end of that until the nut is on the pipe.

Then take off fitting and push on your olive

Fitting back on and tighten

Thank you very much. I tried this technique and it did really work. But it was still leaking. Damn pipe.

I managed to get a plumber in today and he had to solder on a new piece of pipe.

So, problem solved.

Thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back