isolating water to the combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, I am having trouble islolating the water to carry out some work on the bathroom taps. I have a Worcester 28CDi bombi bolier in the cloakroom downstairs but not a single service valve or internal stop cock in sight. Could it be that the 'developer' who was in before us omitted an internal stop tap to save himself a few pennies, or is it common practice not to install one with the nature of combi boilers? (I have had a thorough search for the stop tap but suspect it could well be bodge at work as just this week I've been reseating the slotted waste in the tub).

Alternatively I have thought I might isolate the water where it meets the combi boiler. If I could determine the water inlet pipe there appears to be a series of isolation screws next to the compression nuts on the underside of the case. Could I then simply isolate the boiler at the fuse box and cut off the water with no lasting damage? Other than that I'm going in search of the external stopcock methinks? Any advice is greatly appreciated.. :(

Sponsored Links
The boiler should have a cold water isolater under it where the cold pipe joins the boiler. This will only shut off the hot taps though.

You need to find your main stop tap. Often in the kitchen under the sink, bathroom, utility or in some new developments it is in a plastic recessed box on the outside of your property.

Cheers Dave most helpful. I will persevere and find that stop tap.. In the meantime I'll make some headway with the hot taps. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back