Kitchen Taps, Combi Boiler, no stop cock or any isolation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Just moved into new home, Kitchen taps are shot and need changing. There is an on-demand combi boiler and I just cannot locate a stop-cock and of course no in-line isolators to taps. Not normally a problem for me however I've not had much experience with combi's.

Is it as simple as isolating the MAINS water outside/road then isolating the Electric/MCB to boiler thus open/drain the hot & cold taps/lines and change taps, job done?????????
or will I get covered in water and die?
Regards
Many thanks
Andy

Sponsored Links
At the end of the day you just need to switch the mains water off (so you don't get wet). When I switch the mains water off I always switch the boiler off but not 100% sure I have to?

Ok Cheers for that, Fitting the taps ain't going to be a problem, I just don't want to bugger around draining the system.

My only other concern is WHY there are 2 drain cocks that Tee-off the HOT & COLD 15mm pipes just below the kitchen taps (not a the lowest point either) is this normal or am I dealing with a cowboy installation?

Regards
Andy

Sponsored Links
When water turned off it is best to always turn of electric to boiler.

Whilst you have the mains water off, why not cut a new internal stopcock into your rising main?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back