Removing kitchen taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a new kitchen fitted soon and am removing the old work units myself. We are having a new sink and taps installed with the kitchen but before any of this can be done I need to remove the unit and sink. To do this I need to take the taps off and isolate the pipes. I don't know how to do this.
We have a new valant combi boiler if this makes any difference and we are not living in the house at present.
can you explain how to do it and is it easier to leave the water supply off or isolate the pipes and turn it back on. I know where the stop cock is but does this turn off the hot and cold water

Sponsored Links
combi boilers heat the cold water from the main if you turn your stoptap off it isolates everthing

if you want the water back on use compression stop ends

Better than stop ends might be isolating taps - then you can just connect your new pipes up to them when ready. Don't use the ultra cheap variety, use "heavy duty" ones - about £1.20!

Sponsored Links
just about to do this, but i have a water cylinder.

do i just:
switch off the water and boiler.
turn on the taps (to empty the system)
cut through the pipes - (do i need a special tool?)
tighten these isolating taps on the end of the cut off pipes,

or is there more to it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back