Needing to replace kitchen taps - Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I recently bought a flat with a combi boiler. The kitchen taps do no work too well, so thought it best to replace the glands - They are about 20 years old now. Thought it would be straightforward but then found there seems to be no way of isolating them! I have found the cold water stop cock where it enters the property. My question is this. If I turn off the main water supply will that allow me to replace the tap glands and what are the consequences for the Combi Boiler, eg will it lose its pressure?
Mant thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Turn off mains cold water stopcock ,and turn on all hot and cold taps to drain out water. You can then open the Pipework to kitchen taps and fit isolators to both hot and cold supply pipes. The boiler pressure will not alter.
Probably better to fit new taps rather than fit glands to 20 year old taps.

Turn off mains cold water stopcock ,and turn on all hot and cold taps to drain out water. You can then open the Pipework to kitchen taps and fit isolators to both hot and cold supply pipes. The boiler pressure will not alter.
Probably better to fit new taps rather than fit glands to 20 year old taps.

Thank you for the advice, that certainly sounds like a good idea to fit isolators whilst I have the chance to. I cannot understand why they didn't in the first place. I am relieved to hear that there will be no issues in relation to the boiler.:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back