Isolation valves ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When installing a new bathroom is it a requirement to fit isolation valves to every feed pipe? Or is it just "good practice "

Sponsored Links
You'd be a fool not to. I tend to use full bore too...

You'd be a fool not to. I tend to use full bore too...
On the whole, I agree. It would depend on how visible they would be (full bore ones tend to be more prominent ;) )and whether this is aesthetically acceptable.

Sponsored Links
Indeed as well as saving those pennies... ;)

As long as you can gain easy access to them all once fitted it is quite a good practise to do so.. although its not mandatory. Really if your going to the trouble of installing a new bathroom you might as well do it right & have ballofix or some form of isolation valve on the 2 bath feeds, 2 basin & 1 toilet. Not putting valves on 5 inlets (standard number of inlets anyway) is only gonna save you about £5.. maybe £10 if your wholesaler is a dear hole.

Just means that if for example the bath taps started leaking at the tap connecter underneath the bath you can isolate them while you either fix the leak (or have to wait for someone else to fix it) without having to turn the water off to your toilet & basin... I personally always fit them If I'm doing an sort of basin, toilet & bath install unless its not going to be accessible or I don't have enough room to get one on for whatever reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back