Issue with Fairly New Boiler

FFC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a Condensing Worcester Greenstar 15Ri boiler fitted by British Gas in Oct 13.

It had a system water flush & power flush and a Spiro Trap MB3 installed.
Though the Timer Programmer, Digital Thermostat and HW cylinder were not replaced.

Twice in the past two months the boiler has gone off whilst the CH has been on, it's gone off within 15/20 mins of first coming on both times. The first this happened the boiler reset itself & came back on after around 15minutes. Second time it didn't come back on at all to we basically pressed the programmer from the timed button to the "on" one.

The blue power light is on - it's steady no flashes/pulses. The green flame (burner) is off, should be on during demand. Can't find anything obvious in the the faults section of the manual

Did find a diagram showing the boiler function/sequence and it said: fan modulation to achieve set temperature (40-82 °c) - over temperature shut down if water temp is 5°c above set value.

Could this be our fault & so causing the boiler issue & should call BG out to have a look?

As a side issue the HW cylinder is very noisey when the hot water is on there lots of gurgling & bubbling and the hot water taps spurt occasionaly.

Also how hot would you have the radiators, on a touch test I can keep my hand them for around 4-5 seconds - is this too hot?

If there's any more info required to help, please feel free to ask and I'll post what I can....

Sponsored Links
Had a Condensing Worcester Greenstar 15Ri boiler fitted by British Gas in Oct 13.
-------
Bad choice install by hopeless company.
-----------
It had a system water flush & power flush and a Spiro Trap MB3 installed.
Though the Timer Programmer, Digital Thermostat and HW cylinder were not replaced.
-----------
Ouch bet you paid through the nose for that
---------------------

Twice in the past two months the boiler has gone off whilst the CH has been on, it's gone off within 15/20 mins of first coming on both times. The first this happened the boiler reset itself & came back on after around 15minutes. Second time it didn't come back on at all to we basically pressed the programmer from the timed button to the "on" one.
--------
Sounds like programmer isn't set right
---------------

The blue power light is on - it's steady no flashes/pulses. The green flame (burner) is off, should be on during demand. Can't find anything obvious in the the faults section of the manual

Did find a diagram showing the boiler function/sequence and it said: fan modulation to achieve set temperature (40-82 °c) - over temperature shut down if water temp is 5°c above set value.

Could this be our fault & so causing the boiler issue & should call BG out to have a look?
---------
Call them out they installed it.
-----------------

As a side issue the HW cylinder is very noisey when the hot water is on there lots of gurgling & bubbling and the hot water taps spurt occasionaly.
----------
Air in the system. Something isn't right
------------------

Also how hot would you have the radiators, on a touch test I can keep my hand them for around 4-5 seconds - is this too hot?

If there's any more info required to help, please feel free to ask and I'll post what I can....

----
get BG back
------------

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back