Issue with Miele dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear all

I have a G693SC PLUS 4 dishwasher which is circa 20 years old. It's typically run 2-3 times a week and has been treated very well indeed. Over its life cycle it has been treated with Finish dishwasher cleaner but in the last 2 years or so the genuine Miele Dishwasher cleaner products.

There is a fault I would like your assistance with please.

I can confirm that at the beginning of each programme, the machine pumps water out with ease. I can confirm this by observation of the drain.

Sometimes (annoyingly on an intermittent basis) the control panel of the machine provides a red light on the Inlet / Drain system.

This red light does not appear during the pumping out process. As the machine fills with it's initial water flow I can feel the water travelling down the water inlet pipe and can feel a slight vibration of the plastic inlet housing which I believe contains a solenoid. I can confirm that to the naked eye, the filter in the plastic housing (around the size of a thimble) appears to be free of debris.

What I can report is that after the initial flow of water into the machine, the machine appears to pause for a while (perhaps during which I can hear the operation of relays) and only at the end of the filling cycle that the red alarm light appears.

Crucially, when the red light is in place I can open the door and observe that the dishwasher cabinet contains a good amount of water. When I then pour around 2 litres of cold water into the cabinet, the fault light is extinguished and the dishwasher performs a full cycle

I would be appreciative if you could provide expertise on where I should now look to try to remove the fault.

I have naturally browsed the web for easy to fix faults, but I would be grateful if you could provide any insight which may be leading to this fault condition.

Many thanks

Paul

Sponsored Links
Could be build up of grease or scale on the sensor.

Blup

Last edited:
Have you removed and actually physically cleaned the mesh filter on the water inlet hose? Is the hose kinked at all? Have you checked the water flow rate from the DW tap?

I think this warning is low flow (rate) into the machine (your Miele handbook will likely tell you more).

Sponsored Links
You might want to check your water pressure is OK. It sounds like the machine just isn’t getting a sufficient flow of water.

Clean the inlet filters fully and make sure nothing’s squeezed or kinked behind the machine.

If you’re in a hard water area, you can use the same limescale removers you’d typically use on a kettle - just make it up in a pot with warm (not very hot) water, as per the dilution instructions, and soak the inlet filter. That’ll completely clean the mesh.

If the machine is connected to a gravity flow - from your attic tank, replumb it to the mains.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back