Issue with Neovo TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening, i have a Neovo TV that i use for CCTV in my bar. Today the screen is just black.
The power pack is working and the green power light is on the TV but i am getting no picture.
I have tried another TV and that is fine.

Has the screen gone? Is there anything i can try to fix the TV as it is not that old and i do not really want to buy a new TV.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
First, try a different socket on the TV. If there's still no picture and you don't get any onscreen menus then it could be a fault with the backlight.

If the backlight has gone then the image will still be there, it just won't be illuminated. You should be able to see the image if you tilt the screen at the right angle under some bright light. If there's no image then it could be an input socket fault or a problem with video processing or the screen drivers.

There's no easy way to fix any of these I'm afraid. Whatever the problem it will involve someone stripping down the set. At that point the question becomes cost of repair vs cost of replacement. A decent TV Tech who knows what they're doing is likely to charge £50 to assess the problem. On top of that you have the labour & parts cost to do the repair. I'd say you're looking at £100 minimum. I'd also be thinking about the age of the TV: If one fault has occurred then how likely is it that something else will go wrong.

There's a good selection of small LCD TVs starting at well under £150. Is it worth the money and potential hassle getting an older TV repaired when a new replacement is only a few pounds more?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back