Issue with PIR's & Wintex connect

You only need three cables.

On the Elite 24 if you wire just one cable to the left terminal.
Wire that wire into last tamper terminal in the PIR
take a short wire between 0V of the PIR and the first alarm terminal.

You will only need 1 wire to be good as you already have power to the PIR.

so try blue wire in last tamper terminal to left zone terminal in Elite 24.
then the other wires to see if one of them is any good.

Thanks for your help with this but it looks like I am screwed with the cables. I can't get one to work without tamper despite trying.

I have decide to cut my losses and go with the Ricochet setup for the one sensor. I feel fairly confident I will be able to get it installed and working with a little guidance.

I have purchased a GCD-0001 and a GDB-001 as shown, is there anything else required to get this setup?

Many thanks,
Simon

Attachments

• GCD.jpg
    GCD.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 40
  • Panel.jpg
    Panel.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Sensor.jpg
    Sensor.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
all those cables to the PIR and you can not find one that is any good?

Shame you havent posted certain information as we may have been able to solve it for you.

all those cables to the PIR and you can not find one that is any good?

Shame you havent posted certain information as we may have been able to solve it for you.

Sadly not, I have spent ages trying to get one to work but nothing. I think there is issues with both when the board went back in.

I do really appreciate your help though!

you do not get anywhere if you don't ask questions and provide information.

I don't know what you have or haven't done for certain and certainly don't know if you looked at the right things.

for example you have 8 cores in the picture, the PIR is powered up, so the chances are there other cables that are good.

pictures of the Zone status and the PIR and panel wiring may help us determine what is or isn't possible.

We aren't on site so can only go on the information provided.
There are no end of posts on here by people in the trade asking for photos, the reason being as we can see things you may not. ( good photos required).

If you wanted to check continuity on a cable but dont have a meter, you can wire them into a zone and twist the pair the other end and see if the zone is good but it woyuld have to be set for wiring type normally closed in your case to wire to the panel zone.

Sponsored Links
you do not get anywhere if you don't ask questions and provide information.

I don't know what you have or haven't done for certain and certainly don't know if you looked at the right things.

for example you have 8 cores in the picture, the PIR is powered up, so the chances are there other cables that are good.

pictures of the Zone status and the PIR and panel wiring may help us determine what is or isn't possible.

We aren't on site so can only go on the information provided.
There are no end of posts on here by people in the trade asking for photos, the reason being as we can see things you may not. ( good photos required).

If you wanted to check continuity on a cable but dont have a meter, you can wire them into a zone and twist the pair the other end and see if the zone is good but it woyuld have to be set for wiring type normally closed in your case to wire to the panel zone.

Sorry I tried what was suggested from our call, I couldn't' get it to work with any combination of cables. I don't have extensive knowledge hence me asking for guidance which you kindly provided but I thought if I checked the other wires there were no other options? Sadly I don't have to confidence to try anything further, I thought adding the new GCD was an easier solution but clearly could have been wrong here.

Thanks for the reply.

Simon

Hi Simon it would have been better if you had tried the things whilst i was on the other end of the phone so I could check and advise.

I find it hard to believe all the cables other than power were damaged and not reconnected, but it isn't impossible

Hi Simon it would have been better if you had tried the things whilst i was on the other end of the phone so I could check and advise.

I find it hard to believe all the cables other than power were damaged and not reconnected, but it isn't impossible

Agreed, sadly I just didn’t have the time when we spoke as I was pushing to get the decorating finished for the kitchen fitting the next day.

Ideally I would have called again if possible but I assumed after me attempting what we suggested with the other cables getting the wireless option was going to be less hassle but seemingly I was wrong.

Are you able to assist me with the setting up of the Ricohet expander at all?

Many thanks,
Simon

Simon, happy if you have some time to go through the PIR situation as I think its recoverable but I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

as for ricochet you post on here with that if your struggling but it is relative straight forward.

Simon, happy if you have some time to go through the PIR situation as I think its recoverable but I could be wrong it wouldn't be the first time.

as for ricochet you post on here with that if your struggling but it is relative straight forward.

Thanks.

I’m just checking that I have all that’s required with the pics I posted and where on the panel it connects.
I have mounted the GCD and put a cable through to the panel but I’m confused where it connects on the panel.

Morning,

With the excellent help of Secure I am last night we tested each cable to the PIR and it turns out that they were in fact broken and they weren't useable so we ended up setting up the new Ricochet module and new wireless PIR.

Once it was showing in Wintex I set it up in the correct zone and it's Zone type is guard on zone 9 but it doesn't appear to light up or when armed it won't set the alarm off. I assume I am missing something. If I do a walk test it won't pick it up first unless I walk to another pir and then back to the wireless one and it will then show. I have attached a screen shot from Wintex to see if anyone can spot where I have messed up.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Zone Status.png
    Zone Status.png
    149 KB · Views: 37
  • Zones.png
    Zones.png
    328.7 KB · Views: 33
Wireless PIR's only light up in walk test.

Wireless PIR's sleep for 3 mins after activation, so if you have just walked past before setting the alarm it wont go off.

Wireless devices have a slight lag between being activated and the panel responding.

The most important thing is signal strength, there is no mesh as there is only 1 device.

Engineer utilities>ricochet diagnostics> set zone to 9, pressing Chime will take you through the values for that wireless device.

Wireless PIR's only light up in walk test.

Wireless PIR's sleep for 3 mins after activation, so if you have just walked past before setting the alarm it wont go off.

Wireless devices have a slight lag between being activated and the panel responding.

The most important thing is signal strength, there is no mesh as there is only 1 device.

Engineer utilities>ricochet diagnostics> set zone to 9, pressing Chime will take you through the values for that wireless device.

Ok good to know, thanks.

So I have set the alarm from the app and sat in the kitchen and waited over five mins and I move and it just doesn't pick anything up or set of the alarm. I have done another walk test and it does just light up as you say but it doesn't seem to pick up motion like the wired ones but not sure if it should?

I have attached the status from Diag.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Status1.jpg
    Status1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Status2.jpg
    Status2.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 38
  • Status3.jpg
    Status3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Status4.jpg
    Status4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 38
I don't understand what you mean by
I have done another walk test and it does just light up as you say but it doesn't seem to pick up motion like the wired ones but not sure if it should?

"just light up" and "doesn't seem to pick up motion like the wired ones"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back