It makes my Blood boil!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Next time i hear an insurance company using the excuse that the market hasn't performed well so your endowment hasn't received any bonuses and won't be able to pay off your mortgage.I'll mention Admiral being able to pay bonuses of £39K+wage rises to all their staff! :evil:

Sponsored Links
My old company .. has just posted income of 20+% for the pension fund for last year... having been able to alter the rules on early retirement and the basis of final salary moving from best of final 3yrs to lifetime average !! with caveats ..... 9/11 was some business opportunity in certain respects.
Glad I cut and run when I did ... would have lost a fair amount had I dallied.

KD ... I was advised against Endowment M in 1967 when I started first mortgage !!
In the old system one recieved tax relief at one's top rate on both insurance and interest components of the repayments ... hence the old top-raters were coining it at the expense of other tax payers ( One man's tax relief is another's burden )!!
Those benefits were tangible and in the hand, the Insurance companies took the risk on the stock market .... When they transferred that risk to the 'punter' ... he took that on with very little if nothing in reduced payments over the standard repayment mortgage ( don't even mention the foolishness of 'low-cost endowments').
P

yes i remember the tax relief but it's the way these insurance companies all jumped on the bandwagon blaming poor performance when if things were so bad why didn't you hear of insurance companies going under or job losses? my theory is they just raked the the top off all the policies to satisfy shareholders and boost profits instead of paying the people who count.

the british public have played right into the terroists hands? .knee jerk reaction.when will they realise that it is'nt OUR war & never should have been :evil:

Sponsored Links
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
the british public have played right into the terroists hands? .knee jerk reaction.when will they realise that it is'nt OUR war & never should have been :evil:

Woss that got to do wiv the price of fish then Ohm_y :?: :?:

We talking warlike over endowments ..... Omywarmongerinagain !! ;)

He's got a point though, I'd like to go to war against these damn terrorists oops I mean insurance companies :evil:

kendor said:
.I'll mention Admiral being able to pay bonuses of £39K+wage rises to all their staff! :evil:

im not shure but the bonus you talk about isnt a bonus
its actualy the average value of the shares held by employees
and the expected redemption value when they float on the
stock exchange

big all

so i was correct in what i said before that the insurance companies pander to their shareholders before they look after the people that actually keep them in business us mugs that buy policies etc!

unfortunately thats the capitalist society we live in

the workers and consumers have a lot less input in the running
of the buisness "why "becase the greater the share value
the greater the prestige and who gains the most
the ones that do the least the share holders :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

big all

Said it before we need a Motorist's Union !! Just imagine the muscle we could have .... Oil co, Insurance co .. forced to really compete with each other ... we could overturn the cartels ... Gosh, we could be a credible political force !!
:D

P

pipme said:
Said it before we need a Motorist's Union !! Just imagine the muscle we could have .... Oil co, Insurance co .. forced to really compete with each other ... we could overturn the cartels ... Gosh, we could be a credible political force !!
:D

P

You aint far off the spot with the motorists union. And the 'The allied and general tax payers union'

Bring on the revolting peasants I say. :LOL:

Studders said:
..... You aint far off the spot with the motorists union. And the 'The allied and general tax payers union' Bring on the revolting peasants I say. :LOL:

Motoring is just the sharp end of the wedge for 20M of us, directly attributable taxes ... The other never in with a shout due to the plethora of taxes we suffer ....
Tax utopia, perhaps, would be the tithe incumbant upon all. Apparently, in fact, less than 10%(tithe) on all earnings .. no allowances would net far more than all taxes and their admin applied today.

P

Sponsored Links
Back