Who will take the first step?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wayne Rooney goes to see Sir Alex Ferguson in his office.
"Come in Wayne and have a seat" says Sir Alex. (This isn't a joke by the way).
"The board have been discussing your new contract and we can offer you £3000 a week for the next five years" says Sir Alex.
"You've got to be joking" says Wayne "I get more than that now"
"I know you do but thats the best we can do I'm afraid"
Wayne is not happy to say the least and decides to ring around.
"Hello Mr. Wenger" says Wayne "How would you like me to come and play for Arsenal?"
"That would be great Wayne" says Arsene "We can offer you £3000 a week for the next five years"
"Well no thanks, I can get that now" says Wayne and calls half a dozen other managers only to get the same answer each time.

Poor Wayne is pretty hacked off and goes home to Coleen to relate his sorry tale.

"Well that's absolutely awful" says Coleen on hearing the news. "If they won't pay you any more than that then you'll just have to.....you'll just have to.....you'll just have to......er er er.... what else can you do to earn that sort of money Wayne?" asks Coleen.

Wayne thinks for a while.......... "I could always...er er er I dunno really!!!!"

Well what could he do? (This doesn't require an answer).

My point is - all these highly paid people from so many walks of life are paid highly for no other reason than their employers are so desperate for their services they just pay stupid money. If someone said enough is enough and started from scratch with more sensible amounts of money the vast majority of "celebs and stars" would have to accept what they were offered or starve.

The same applies to bankers, politicians etc. with their huge bonuses - we're told "You have to pay this sort of money to get the right calibre of staff" but they still cock it up. We're being told that banks are accruing bonus pots ready to pay out when appropriate. If some of these people were paid a £1,000,000 bonus instead of a £2,000,000 bonus would it make that much difference in attracting the right personnel?

If only someone would take the first step.

Sponsored Links
Such a shame that all those cheapo Polish labourers didn't have a contingent of £40 per day bankers among them. After all, they couldn't have made much worse a job of it that the current bunch of furquits.

Wayne Rooney played absolute crap during the world cup, as did the rest of the team,,,,, footballers?? enough to make the old footballing GREATS cry!!! :mad:

Sponsored Links
They get these obscene amounts because pillocks, (I mean supporters), pay £30,£40,£50 or what ever to sit and watch them for 90 minutes.

Its in the hands of the supporters to say, "Enough is enough, we are not going till you buck up your ideas, reduce the stupid wage bill and play the game for the sport it is supposed to be."

Give me a schoolboy game of football any day over a professional team.
Schoolboys play with ambition and enthusiasm.

Is the joke that Colleen (or whatever her name is); can actually say a coherent sentance?

Rugby (I don't understand the different versions), has been wanting/achieved a price cap for player transfers, and one of the players is the DW franchise. (ie Wigan Athletic Football Club), so as they are in the Premiership for now, has some clout.

Player prices are stupid, and I imagine that Rooneys transfer wage went downhill during/after the worldcup. If he gets a long term injury in the first game of the season, then he's another Owen.

They get these obscene amounts because pillocks, (I mean supporters), pay £30,£40,£50 or what ever to sit and watch them for 90 minutes.

It's the TV rights that earn the money.

The premiership is an International league that just happens to be played in the UK. Many other countries would be happy to take the circus off our hands and carry on paying silly money.

Back