Its A&E But not as we know it - You can't turn up if your having an emergency!

I heard this rumour today. I wonder if there is any truth in it?

22366723_1011341765675009_7427918595190292700_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure I heard something of the kind mentioned once or twice before.

"Almost 10,000 EU health workers have quit NHS since Brexit vote
Staff losses will intensify recruitment problems at health service, which now has 40,000 vacant nursing posts"
Thursday 21 September 2017 18.16 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/society...h-workers-have-quit-the-nhs-since-brexit-vote

Probably not very reliable source its from the Guardian :):mrgreen::)

Sponsored Links
No, there has been a drop, but the other papers finally admitted that it was due to the stricter language tests, but there's been no reason given for the numbers leaving, so that part could be down to concerns over immigration status after Brexit, except you would have thought that as the leaving date is still 2 years off, they'd have waited a bit longer before going.

Sponsored Links
The German health system isnt based on the government spending more money, it isnt funded central government coffers.

The government health insurance premium is paid directly from wages. About 15% of salary (I think).

So where does the money come from? Magic money tree?

nitch has already explained that the big difference is that in one country, healthcare is paid for largely by a deduction from wages, whereas in the other country, healthcare is paid for largely by a deduction from wages.

He has not explained why anyone might think that healthcare paid for largely by a deduction from wages is in some way better than healthcare paid for largely by a deduction from wages.

nitch has already explained that the big difference is that in one country, healthcare is paid for largely by a deduction from wages, whereas in the other country, healthcare is paid for largely by a deduction from wages.

He has not explained why anyone might think that healthcare paid for largely by a deduction from wages is in some way better than healthcare paid for largely by a deduction from wages.
That is because he is clueless. It is a common trait amongst them.

The German government health insurance (GKV) is a hypothecated tax system.

The NHS is tax funded model.

Different :)

Please enlighten me where I said the system was better?

One interesting point is that the German system comprises 2/3 private owned hospitals and the majority of GPs are self employed. So not state owned.

good idea..stop all the thick chavs turnin up for stupid problems

No, there has been a drop, but the other papers finally admitted that it was due to the stricter language tests, but there's been no reason given for the numbers leaving, so that part could be down to concerns over immigration status after Brexit, except you would have thought that as the leaving date is still 2 years off, they'd have waited a bit longer before going.
About time they had stricter language tests. I struggle to understand some of our nurses during shift handover as their English skills are so poor. It's a good job we have printed handover sheets. We even had one HCA who said she was a nurse back in India. After watching her with the patients I told her I hoped I was never taken ill whilst on holiday in Goa as her patient skills were sadly lacking.
I have always maintained that nursing should not be the degree course it has become. Rather it should become an "apprenticeship", where trainee nurses are actually paid for the work they do whilst learning. As it is, many student nurses work bank shifts as HCA's, simply to make ends meet financially. I have seen student nurses work all week on a ward on placement, then work two, twelve hour shifts as a HCA at the weekend. Now student nurses have to sign up for the student loan, instead of the old "bursary scheme" it's no wonder recruitment of trainee nurses is on the decrease.
you can see what will happen
people will phone for an ambulance causing more problems :eek:
Yep the ambulance service is under increasing pressure as well. Main problem with the ambulance service is ridiculous "targets" They are given a certain amount of time to reach emergencies. Fail to get there within the given timescale results in fines being levied on the ambulance service. as the ambulance service have no idea where the next "emergency" requiring an ambulance is going to be, they actually have no control over the target time. It renders the target time , meaningless.

The thing I cannot understand about the differences between free & paid for health care is . . . . When it's free, who earns the £money to pay for it, & when it's paid for, who earns the £money to pay for it ?

There must be a difference in there somewhere.

Sponsored Links
Back