It's an invasion and it's going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I can see a racist bigot posting on here, but I won't mention his name.
Where John? I think that someone needs to report him to the mods. Reading through this thread, it seems that the only one using offensive language is you..

Then his response was several times: "if the cap fits", well, in my opinion the cap didn't fit, so I, and John, asked him to explain and substantiate his comment.

So if the cap doesn't fit, then the statement doesn't apply, surly.

But opinions are opinions and need substantiating to render them worthy opinions.
Anybody's statements are not automatically truth, only when substantiated with evidence do they become as close to the truth as we can get.

But opinions are just that, opinions, they are not being passed of as a fact, so no need for substantiation, they may or may not be the truth... The truth is the truth whether everyone believes it or if no one believes it. It doesn't cease being the truth.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
This post started off as a discussion concerning mass migration and now look at it.............it' s degenerated into a heated slanging match between certain members.

This post started off as a discussion concerning mass migration and now look at it.............it' s degenerated into a heated slanging match between certain members.
Sadly it seems that you cannot hold a discussion here unless you agree with certain members.... Looking back through some posts, it appears that several regular posters have walked away from this site due to their posts being edited or removed all together

Sadly it seems that you cannot hold a discussion here unless you agree with certain members.... Looking back through some posts, it appears that several regular posters have walked away from this site due to their posts being edited or removed all together
Surely a discussion is when one poster presents a view, supported by data, facts, evidence, other erudite views, and that opinion is countered by similar but opposing views.

What we have here is not a discussion. It's a series of unsubstantiated opinions by you, which deteriorates into a series of idioms such as "if the cap fits" etc. That's not a discussion.

walk away

I think is the best thing to do, with this non-discussion

Hardly. I'm quite new here but am quite bemused by the attitude of some of you
You mean you joined a DIY site a few days ago, and immediately leaped into immigration threads?

Are you more interested in immigration than in DIY?

I would go so far as there seems to be a small number of members here who try to bully and strong arm the other posters into either silence or to go elsewhere... Such a nice atmosphere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back