It's an invasion and it's going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
But have these people not been slaughtering each other over minor religious points long before the West even discovered their region? I get the impression that you believe that the West is responsible for these people killing each other for whatever reason they feel fit..
I wonder who you mean by "these people"
The people who are killing each other perhaps? If the cap fits and all that..Perhaps you guys could tell us who they are
Do you mean the Irish?
As I said. If the cap fits.

Sponsored Links
But have these people not been slaughtering each other over minor religious points long before the West even discovered their region?
Wow, where have I tried to blame Muslims? You seem to default to anyone who disagrees with you is blaming them, that's a bit fanatical.
Perhaps you can enlighten us. As John asks:
And while you're at it, and when you've decided to whom you're referring, perhaps you can substantiate your statement: "these people have been slaughtering each other over minor religious points long before the west discovered their region."
You obviously laid the blame firmly on religion. Which religion would you be referring to? Which is the dominant religion of the region?

Incidentally, if the birth of humanity was Africa, and the birth of civilisation (biblically speaking) was middle east, didn't the middle east discover the west rather than t'other way round as you've inferred.
I could substantiate my statement but we may be discussing totally different people who are slaughtering each other here and so I could inadvertently take the thread off topic and confuse you

Sponsored Links
But have these people not been slaughtering each other over minor religious points long before the West even discovered their region?
Wow, where have I tried to blame Muslims? You seem to default to anyone who disagrees with you is blaming them, that's a bit fanatical.
Perhaps you can enlighten us. As John asks:
And while you're at it, and when you've decided to whom you're referring, perhaps you can substantiate your statement: "these people have been slaughtering each other over minor religious points long before the west discovered their region."
You obviously laid the blame firmly on religion. Which religion would you be referring to? Which is the dominant religion of the region?

Incidentally, if the birth of humanity was Africa, and the birth of civilisation (biblically speaking) was middle east, didn't the middle east discover the west rather than t'other way round as you've inferred.
I could substantiate my statement but we may be discussing totally different people who are slaughtering each other here and so I could inadvertently take the thread off topic and confuse you
You could but you refuse to do so, for vague reasons. Or, you made a vague reference and are unable to substantiate it.
Your vague references are loaded with your personal prejudices, not facts.
This is why the debate deteriorates into boring abuse.

I don't see any abuse, do you?
No, but I do see someone refusing to substantiate their statement with any kind of evidence which was presented as some kind of fact.

That usually indicates that the statement was based on prejudice.

In fact, substantiating the truth would fall foul of the forum rules and could get me into trouble..

I don't see any abuse, do you?
No, but I do see someone refusing to substantiate their statement with any kind of evidence which was presented as some kind of fact.
I don't see any requirement in the forum rules for anyone to substantiate anything....
So you think you can make sweeping statements loaded with prejudice and not be taken to task over it? That's exploiting the opportunity to further your political agenda, not discussion.

The truth is the truth whether you substantiate it or not
But opinions are opinions and need substantiating to render them worthy opinions.
Anybody's statements are not automatically truth, only when substantiated with evidence do they become as close to the truth as we can get.

I can see a racist bigot posting on here, but I won't mention his name.

Similarly to Vietnam, if the west keeps out the whole mess would be over in a couple of months. All the west intervention achieves is a bigger mess going on for a longer time creating greater divides.

But have these people not been slaughtering each other over minor religious points long before the West even discovered their region? I get the impression that you believe that the West is responsible for these people killing each other for whatever reason they feel fit..

of course you never said RELIGION, I understood it right the first time, you said REGION!

of course you never said RELIGION, I understood it right the first time, you said REGION!
What he actually said, Mike, was: "...religious points .....in that region."
What dominant religion in that region was he referring to?
There's no need to answer.

Then his response was several times: "if the cap fits", well, in my opinion the cap didn't fit, so I, and John, asked him to explain and substantiate his comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back