It's an invasion and it's going to get worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly. I'm quite new here but am quite bemused by the attitude of some of you
You mean you joined a DIY site a few days ago, and immediately leaped into immigration threads?

Are you more interested in immigration than in DIY?
My speciality is refrigeration and solid fuel but there are relatively few questions on the board for those topics and quite frankly seeing how poorly this site is run, I doubt that I shall contribute.... John, I note that you have been here a long time yet don't seem to post in the other parts of the forum, to be fair I have only shown real interest in the plumbing section but have noted that you don't seem to go there but like to spend your time insulting newcomers to the forum.

Are you saying John, that I am forbidden to contribute to the discussions here, even though I have been polite and courteous to you all?....Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?

Sponsored Links
I would go so far as there seems to be a small number of members here who try to bully and strong arm the other posters into either silence or to go elsewhere... Such a nice atmosphere.
You have been repeatedly asked to justify your opinions with some semblance of data, evidence, fact, yet you repeatedly refuse to attempt to do so. Instead you resort to silly comments such as "if the cap fits" and "I'm not allowed to provide evidence under forum rules".
If the request for substantiation is your idea of bullying and strong arm tactics, then you have a strange opinion of what constitutes discussion.

I would go so far as there seems to be a small number of members here who try to bully and strong arm the other posters into either silence or to go elsewhere... Such a nice atmosphere.
You have been repeatedly asked to justify your opinions with some semblance of data, evidence, fact, yet you repeatedly refuse to attempt to do so. Instead you resort to silly comments such as "if the cap fits" and "I'm not allowed to provide evidence under forum rules".
If the request for substantiation is your idea of bullying and strong arm tactics, then you have a strange opinion of what constitutes discussion.
But my opinions are mine, a personal opinion cannot be justified by a link to Wiki.... My comment "If the cap fits" is a perfectly suitable turn of phrase I'm very sorry if you don't know what it means..

Perhaps the OP would like to request that the thread is closed because it's been reduced to a load of silly twaddle.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps the OP would like to request that the thread is closed because it's been reduced to a load of silly twaddle.
What's up? Are the bullies running off home and taking their ball with them?

Let's not forget that you and John set upon me for not having the same opinion as you

This post started off as a discussion concerning mass migration and now look at it.............it' s degenerated into a heated slanging match between certain members.

I rest my case lol.

Oh dear. John D and Backagain 0, Much cleverer guy 1. The only aggression from John D and Backagain. I reckon this thread will vanish pretty soon. PMSL.

But my opinions are mine, a personal opinion cannot be justified by a link to Wiki.... My comment "If the cap fits" is a perfectly suitable turn of phrase I'm very sorry if you don't know what it means..

I honestly have no idea what your views are, but when you make opaque obfuscatory comments it does get rather bizarre.

Generally it is fine to express a view here if that view is either uncontentious, or it can be supported by the facts, or a reasoned argument that is consistent with the facts. So why not express what you meant to say? I have seen bullying, when I presented evidence that points made by some others were false for example. Some here do seem to have a "it's true cos I say it's true, and I'll stamp my feet and cry if you disagree" attitude.

Some here do seem to have a "it's true cos I say it's true, and I'll stamp my feet and make the topic vanish, if you disagree" attitude.

You're not wrong there kid. Some definitely have an "it's true cos I say it's true, and I'll stamp my feet and make the topic vanish, if you disagree" attitude. :p

I don't think it's entertaining or amusing when it's deteriorated into a slanging match or silly comments such as scoring the insults.
It's a discussion forum not a gladiatorial circus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back