It's blowing a gale in here (French door draught)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've got a new set of french doors recently fitted by our builder. Yesterday, while entertaining some friends I couldn't help but notice a pretty substantial draught coming in from the french doors.

There is a small gap, along the bottom edge of the master door, getting widest as it meets the central 'mullion'. It's at most 2-3mm off the seal and nothing seems to be impeding the doors range of motion.

Assuming I can't find anything forcing the door out in this spot, are there any hinge adjustments recommended to address such a gap, or anything which could have gone wrong during installation to cause this?

Sponsored Links
Don't mess with it get the builder back to sort it its his problem.;)

Don't mess with it get the builder back to sort it its his problem.;)

I probably should do, but he's not someone I hired for his finesse. If it's just fiddling around with the hinges it's something I'm probably better off doing myself.

Sponsored Links
Just as a follow up, could adjusting the espagnolette cam be a way to pull the door into the frame on the bottom edge? Seems like a point of adjustment that could have the desired effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back