it's not easy

The golden rule is, "You can easily add more tiles - but not so easily take them away".

Sponsored Links
no joe, the golden rule is something else, but we wont go into that. and before you put your first tile on you need to know where the last one will be going otherwise it will look cack, I cant say adding tiles later is something that people generally do. -right first time! -there's a better pholosophy for you.

And getting it right means less tiles - and preferably white. Then you can change the room colour whenever it suits. New paint, new rugs, new towels, and in essence, new bathroom.

It's just the way it's done these days. Floor to ceiling tiles = 1980s Wickes.

as a quality bathroom fitter ,
ignore joes usual rubbish/advise ...
tiling from floor to ceiling is still the done thing in properties , joe does up cheap slums an throws in any old thing an uses cheap products ....

Sponsored Links
its a matter of taste for you. Have a look around at some bathroom showrooms to get some ideas.

Full tiled

advantages

Easier to clean

No problems with wayward water!

Looks the full finished job

Disadvantages

More expensive

not easy to change

Half tile and paint

Advantages

Cheap

easy to repaint

Disadvantages

Problems with paint being marked by condensation

can look cheap

Its up to you, no-one can really tell you about taste its a personal thing.

Personally i prefer full tiled

Moz said:
as a quality bathroom fitter ,
ignore joes usual rubbish/advise ...
tiling from floor to ceiling is still the done thing in properties , joe does up cheap slums an throws in any old thing an uses cheap products ....

So says the unemployed tiler.

Choose any decade between 1800 and 2000 and you will find that the most popular finish was white suite, white tiles.

It's the ONLY style that has stood the test of time.

You'll be advising burgundy and blue suites next!

Do as I say and you can't go wrong.

Today's 'style' is tomorrows "Oh my God!!!!"

he's a good bloke...

yeah right .....an all his useful advice here ..lol

JamesA said:
I think it depends a lot on the tiles; if they are modern larger tiles then it looks OK. We're happy with ours anyway...
If you're tiling to the ceiling with those small square tiles I don't think it will look good.
Hi james, the tiles l'm putting up are 10x8. l have done 3 walls and they look alright floor to ceiling. :p

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back