Its Raining...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've a setup with Hikvision cameras. I want to enable motion detection, so I have done so. Location is remote, so I ask it to send me an email when it detects motion in the drawn areas. It does so, as intended.

The problem is that as soon as it rains or snows or whatever, the IR picks up the reflection and its treated as motion and I get an email - even with sensitivity set to its lowest setting (not 0).

How do you get round this and get it to only alert you when some human comes wandering into the zone when he shouldn't be? I don't mind foxes or cats, just not RAIN!

Sponsored Links
Employ a security guard to email you every time they see a person move...

Jokes aside unfortunately technology does have limits, if you are unable to stop it seeing a reflection by either moving the camera then not much you can do. I was in a similar situation after a burglary 5 years ago I installed cameras with email notification in the first week I had about 1000 emails in the end I turned it off.

I take it on the setup you have a grid where you can click what squares you want it to detect motion from, anything moving in those squares will be counted as motion, I do not know a system that is smart enough to tell the difference between what you want and don't want so I would concentrate on what it sees by repositioning.

Sponsored Links
You will have to link you alarm to your cctv,depends on your alarm control panel to what you can do ?
Or
Gjd opal elite pir linked onto your alarm trigger on back of your dvr(thats if you have alarm input on back of dvr)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back