It's what I've been saying for a long time...................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let us suppose that the Government has no ulterior motives for the controls on the population and it is solely about combating the virus.

Why then would exactly the same policies be carried out in a country where there have literally (yes, literally) been no more cases nor deaths than a normal flu season?

Please explain Australia.

The situation is very worrying.

Sponsored Links

Australia as a separate continent began to form after the breakup of Gondwana in the Permian, with the separation of the continental landmass from the African continent and Indian subcontinent. ... A thin veneer of mainly Phanerozoic sedimentary basins cover much of the Australian landmass (these are up to 7 km thick).

Let us suppose that the Government has no ulterior motives for the controls on the population and it is solely about combating the virus.

Why then would exactly the same policies be carried out in a country where there have literally (yes, literally) been no more cases nor deaths than a normal flu season?
If the Government of this country has some ulterior motive involving control of the population, isn't it a massive coincidence that the vast majority of other countries have also decided to control their populations at a very similar point in time? What could possibly convince all of these governments to take similar actions at similar times the end result of which was certain to have a massive negative effect on their economies?

I can understand how all of those governments might decide that this was a valid and proportionate reaction to a new virus circulating widely and potentially causing their healthcare facilities to be overwhelmed but I am struggling to see why they would want to negatively affect their economies for any other reason.

Sponsored Links
yeah, a country that has had strict lockdowns and border closures, with stricter quarantining for all, has kept cases down.
And now people use them as a reason why lockdowns and vaccines are not needed - because Australia didn't have many cases. ...

As said before, we never had a real lockdown, and the borders were never closed. That is why 130,000 Brits are dead.

The situation is very worrying.

elimination strategy.

there have been no more deaths than a typical flu season because of their strategy….you are inferring a comparison of 2 different things.

“Australia is having less economic scarring, and a stronger recovery than any other OECD country apart from South Korea. We can thank, in part, high iron-ore prices, but also the relative success of the elimination strategy, which has allowed economic activity to recover strongly following lockdowns.

The lesson is “go hard, go early” – at least in 2021 and until we have higher vaccination coverage. But we’re still a long way from that. Until then the elimination strategy, including early, sharp lockdowns where necessary when contact tracing is unable to “do the job”, remain our best policy”

Government has no ulterior motives for the controls on the population

given pretty much every government in the world has chosen one form of lockdown or another……that would require a level of collaboration never ever seen in mankind ever.

As said before, we never had a real lockdown, and the borders were never closed. That is why 130,000 Brits are dead.
Died of or died with the 'virus'?

You have to back up your claim...

Care to tell us how many people have died because of the millions of cancelled/postponed appointments and treatments in the NHS?

After all, you seem to be so confident about your '130,000' figure so you should be able to tell us the latter figure...

Or will you wait until hell freezes over to answer? :rolleyes:

............... it's not just about a virus. It's about curtailing your freedoms, modifying your life. But the lemmings called me and a couple of others 'nutters' as we tried to warn you about unthinkingly abandoning your freedoms for the common good (isn't it always for the common good?).

Well, get used to the new normal, annual hols in damp Southend or Weymouth.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/travel/ne...se-to-stop-cheap-travel/ar-AAMZRS9?li=BBoPWjQ

Your horizons have just been lowered, and you actually wanted it to happen.

But on top of that. The new bill going through Parliament will make Journalists criminals when dealing with information that could embarass the Government.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...arrassing-Government-proposed-law-change.html

It seems you are right the public are in a stupour that after winning and getting Brexit done they have given the Tories a free pass and they will abuse it as much as they can.

Died of or died with the 'virus'?

FFS, again? What do you medical sons make of your denial that coronavirus is a virus?

You have to back up your claim...

No I don't. But just for you, here is the backup.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths

Note, there are 2 statistics:

Deaths within 28 days of positive test
Total

Deaths with COVID-19 on the death certificate
Total

Happy now? OK, I know you're not and you'll continue to deny it, covid deniers and anti-vaxxers never change their spots

I can see that all the excuses reasons given for Australia's actions proves that there is no hope.

Enjoy your brave new world.

I honestly don't understand your point here.

It's like somebody complaining that armour takes away their freedom on the battlefield, then moaning at how everybody else is still alive and fighting while they are laying in a pool of blood, whimpering "I want my freedom back", while their life slowly drains away.

I honestly don't understand your point here.
Obviously.

It's like somebody complaining that armour takes away their freedom on the battlefield, then moaning at how everybody else is still alive and fighting while they are laying in a pool of blood, whimpering "I want my freedom back", while their live slowly drains away.
No it isn't.

It's like saying everyone must wear armour and stay at home and hide when there are only a couple of the enemy around.

Like Sydney taking the same precautions as London during the blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back