itunes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have bought my son a ipod an early xmas pressie ( well it wont be long ! ) i want to make sure it works before xmas comes i have some software to install ok the question is when i turn PC on we have our own names on the desktop own setting etc if i install software on my settings will he be able to see that ive installed it when he logs on ? chers P M

Sponsored Links
Depends on the OS. How the PC is configured. What sort of activity he carries out on the PC. How much time he spends on the PC. How invasive the software is, etc..

Sorry I just haven't got a clue really.

Any old excuse just to get yer hands on an ipod :LOL:

Unless the application specifically has an option restricting it to the current user at install time, then it will be available to all users. There are various registry tweaks which apply policies to applications, but probably a bit overkill for this

You could make it 'invisible' by removing the program group from the start menu and also deleting any shortcuts from the user profile, but if he digs around, he is likely to stumble across the program folder.

You could always uninstall the application once you have tested it.

itunes can also be installed as an add on to quicktime, so even if he his stumble across it (assuming that it is itunes that you have) you've got a good excuse.

Sponsored Links
Back