ITV telly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Great health related info add on ITV today.
Kids Playing football until the sun goes down .
How very true .

Unlike today- playing vid/pc games until the sun comes up.

how times change and how much fatter todays kids are .

Sponsored Links
I did exactly the same, except for playing football - I'd rather stick pins in my eyes!

No, we used to do other things until the sun set, like knocking on doors and running away. Similar amount of exercise and much more excitement!

at 8-15 years we used to go and play on the railway line the canal 'quarry' river and on the haystacks

and we moan about youngsters now :D :D

Sponsored Links
Our pastimes used to be, climbing trees, swinging on a rope tied to a tree branch over a stream, if you fell off you got wet.
Making fireworks, you could actually buy the required chemicals, from J W Towers.
We used to make some loud bangs, you would be locked up if you did the same now.

The kids of today don't know what they missed, we learnt to appreciate danger, and did not come to any great harm.

Wotan

The problem with the kids of today are the parents of today. The parents of today were the kids of those years back then....

I used to do all of the above when i was kid.
What is it with the youth of today?

My 15yo lads plays on his pc etc etc when he comes home from school.
I urge him to go out but he just says "no one is playing out, they all stay in on their xboxes" :rolleyes:

His saving grace is that he plays ice hockey to a good standard so that keeps him fit and active. Otherwise he'd probably be a bedroom potato!

That said, i wonder if WE had games consoles in the 70s and 80s, would we really have played out as much?

The summer holidays were great. We would all 'play out' on our bikes until it got so dark we couldn't see (didn't bother with lights and high vis clothing in those days)

That said, i wonder if WE had games consoles in the 70s and 80s, would we really have played out as much?

But we did, in the 70's we had the Atari and the 80's saw a whole host of micros with the commodore 64, zx spectrum, bbc micro, acorn electron granted they're not a patch on what we have now but back then our expectations were much lower so they were just as much fun BUT we still went out. Can't honestly remember how many hours me and my brother spent on our commodore 64 but we used it proper but i know for a fact playing outside making dens, climbing trees, breaking into building sites, hedge hopping took precedence, we even had a local bobby that knew me and bro by our first names and often walked us home with a telling off on the way, that'd never in a million sundays happen now, t'is a shame.

Yep, Amen to that brother.

"The rain was never old when we were young!" :)

Anyone seen the movie Stand By Me?

That was how i used to spend my weekends....minus the dead body of course. But going on adventurous journeys like that.

Aaah....back in the day! :)

My pals and I even got a ride home in a panda car after being caught nicking apples in someones back garden.
Wouldnt have been caught though- if daft burger Johnny Pratt had not decided to throw one agains a gable wall (like a tennis ball) and it bounced sideways and went right through gable wall window of that house..
Who The furk would nick apples nowdays ?.
Who these days goes into a field and lassoos a horse (and at times a cow) :LOL: and rides them around all day ?.
Those days are gone forever -- I feel sorry for kids these days - they just dont know what they are missing . :cry:

I used to do all of the above when i was kid.
What is it with the youth of today?

My 15yo lads plays on his pc etc etc when he comes home from school.
I urge him to go out but he just says "no one is playing out, they all stay in on their xboxes" :rolleyes:

His saving grace is that he plays ice hockey to a good standard so that keeps him fit and active. Otherwise he'd probably be a bedroom potato!

We used to play 'chicken' on the ice years ago.
Was real funny when ice gave way :LOL:
We all used to wade in and get our pal out /
Nobody was hurt --

Sponsored Links
Back