XBox 360 = a JOKE

It's a repeat of past performances by the big companies.

Think back.

All the games consoles releases (and many major toy releases, too) have been "strangled" like this to increase hysteria desire and sales. Just a sales gimmick. A very tired worn and see-through one, at that.

Shame on all the big manufacturers.

There's one answer. Don't buy their products until the demand (and prices) have waned.

Sponsored Links
AdamW said:
I would agree with the "why bother with consoles?" camp here. The PS3 might be better than the Xbox360, or it might be the other way around. But a well-specced PC will certainly beat either!

It's like hi-fi versus midi systems all over again :LOL:

Consoles are much cheaper than that well-specced PC though...

:LOL:

AdamW said:
I would agree with the "why bother with consoles?" camp here. The PS3 might be better than the Xbox360, or it might be the other way around. But a well-specced PC will certainly beat either!

It's like hi-fi versus midi systems all over again :LOL:

Consoles are much cheaper than that well-specced PC though...
the fact that there is a massive market for consoles seems to dull the case for PC's it's the last line in your post that says a lot, the consoles are cheap( the money is regained on the games themselves), this attract those that can't be ars*d with all the hassle of a PC they just want to plug in the game and go instead of waiting ages for the system to boot up and then load the game, also the games are tailored to work with the system and therefore normally utilise the majority of it's power, with PC's and a lot of the latest games you have to closely match the specs that the game requests rather than the other way round, this could end up being expensive in having to upgrade each time a game comes out.

I have played identical games on both consoles and PC's and sometimes you find there is a difference in the feel of the game and many gamers will plump for the console version rather than the PC version as it "feels" better playing it on the console than the PC.

Of course the PC can be expanded to keep it "more modern" albeit at expense but console users tend to get more longevity out of their consoles.

Sponsored Links
Further Update
Last Thursday 8th Dec I recieved a Recorded delivery Letter from Currys
(sorry I have no scanner but its a beaut in bull sh*t ,lol)

They start with a company resume about how big an wonderful they are ... half 1st page all PR rubbish , next section they explain how surprised they are that ASA an Trading standards are persuing them for misleading adverts , they say in another half page how wonderful an productive they are that this has occured ,"an feel personally let down that they have fallen short on their excellent customer service "(at this point , I went an stood at my back door in fear of being in violently sick to this cr*p,lol)
the next bit was the sell off they had included coupons for leccy goods at 25% off (on looking later online the offer wasnt "FANTASTIC" ..Cheeky swines :( ......)
If I would retract my complaint with them ....

I sent it back sellotaped with the words "Not Acceptable !"

I rang David at Trading standards he was happy I refused the offer as they /Currys are inline for a big fine over this ....
contacted ASA they said it was still ongoing , an it takes upto 6 months for an out come ( hmm paid off , by businesses more like ,lol)

one last point was the best they had listed names an phones for me to contact at their head office regarding this ...

now if I was a naughty script kiddie I could use these DIRECT phone nos to flood them with trojans ..
but alas thats illegal isnt it ... ;)

Back