I've finally found one!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Deep joy! After much searching and many failures, (including one who claimed to be Corgi reg and even I knew more) I have finally located a competent ex BG combi engineer who doesn't take your eyes out. They do exist in Hartlepool!

Hot water restored, heaven. Now going for a soak in the bath, tra la la. I think I'm in love :D :D :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Ah, clean again.

He removed the DHW exchanger, cleaned some crap out, replaced some washers and refitted. Reset pressure and lovely HW was restored. Said boiler was basically sound, DIDN'T need replacing at all, diverter okay for now (I've got one standing by, lol) and we should get a good few more years yet. And there was change from £50.

A big difference from the bloke who tried to tell me a new diverter costs about £200 with fitting costs to add on top and then tried to flog me a new condensing boiler at a cost I could undercut by £300 for same model. I don't know what the going trade discount is but if I work on 10%, he would be clicking £400 purely from supply, never mind fitting.

Didn't know Kevplumb was local. How do I contact him if I have any probs in future?

Sponsored Links
Got it thanks. Am I allowed to access profiles, and if so, how do I do it?

You just have accessed it by clicking on the 'HERE'. :LOL:

You even get his email addy too ;)

Yes, but when I was told about him I had no idea how to find his contact details. If you hadn't come back I would be no wiser other than ringing plumbers and asking 'Are you called Kev? No, never mind. Bye' and with my luck I'd get the wrong one anyway

Otherwise find someones screen name on the index page and click it.

You can also do a search and when you get their name click.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back