Jade Goody

People feel sorry for her merely because as a community we've derided and belittled her during her entire celebrity life.

Is there also a case of a curious need to partake in mass mourning for the suffering of someone we don't personally know similar to Ken Bigley's beheading

Sponsored Links
Yes.

A more conspicuous example was the pathetically deluded and misguided outpouring of grief for Princess 'Di' Diana, Queen of Hearts. :evil:

Yes.

A more conspicuous example was the pathetically deluded and misguided outpouring of grief for Princess 'Di' Diana, Queen of Hearts. :evil:

I wonder why people feel the need to embed such irrelevant connections into their lives to the extent that they wish to empathise with the close family and friends, on whom it will have an effect.

Yes.

I would argue while society appears to have slipped into some sort of apparent opiate for the lack of comprehending the final curtain.

Ms goody V Diana, interesting comparision?

as people move away from religion, they move into an area where there are no answers.

Hal, "is this all there is?"

its an interesting yet disturbing fact, since Diana, we've seen these road side tributes.

people find it hard to explain death?.

Sponsored Links
as people move away from religion, they move into an area where there are no answers.

...people find it hard to explain death?.

There never were any answers- religion provides a simplistic way of avoiding the issue.

I wonder why people feel the need to embed such irrelevant connections into their lives to the extent that they wish to empathise with the close family and friends, on whom it will have an effect.
Well, my understanding of classical psychodymanic analysis is that the projection of this particular emotion onto others arises from an incomplete grieving process for the individual. Grief can arise not just from death, but separation, ergo incomplete grief can arise from a disfunctional matrilineal separation.

Well, my understanding of classical psychodymanic analysis is that the projection of emotion onto others arises from an incomplete grieving process for the individual. Grief can arise not just from death, but separation, ergo incomplete grief can arise from a disfunctional matrilineal separation.

wouldn't that explain todays social problems?

or that too simplistic? :rolleyes:

wouldn't that explain todays social problems?
Some of them, I suppose, but 'twas ever thus, so not all by any means.

Religion was a valuable social contract, but is long since outmoded. With each successive generation there is less oppression of children (hurrah) and less respect for authority figures (boo).

It's not a new problem, but the limit of zero respect has been reached with a growing proportion of the population. I don't know what happens when the 'underclass' reaches critical mass.

Rivers of blood?

Well, my understanding of classical psychodymanic analysis is that the projection of this particular emotion onto others arises from an incomplete grieving process for the individual. Grief can arise not just from death, but separation, ergo incomplete grief can arise from a disfunctional matrilineal separation.

But en-masse ? That implies a large failing of something over the last 2 or so generations. Or was it always there in such large numbers?

as normal, I would have doubts about you Swidders.

it apears you are very well balanced,

unlike me :oops:

Sponsored Links
Back