Jade Goody

my point apart from all the othe deaths Ive had experience......
was that of my Wife 8 yrs ago.
I dont know the answer, but I did, but in this day and age, how are people able to cope?

Condolences. Nothing I can say can be of any relevance to you, and I wouldn't want to cause any offence by trying.

there is no offense possible.

absolutely none taken, i bought it into a public arena.

a bit like my own cancer.

Sponsored Links
love-smiley-037.gif
OK not pal, :oops:

chap? ;)

i bought it into a public arena. a bit like my own cancer.

I don't know you other that brief exchanges on these forums, and yet, through these, I have a greater affinity with you than the grief-thirsty populace who await Goody's demise with an almost pack mentality.

We can't talk specifics about your plight here, for obvious reasons, but I hope that, er, well, I hope

It's sad when anyone suffers terminal cancer.

More so someone so young.

And when that person also has such a high media profile, that brings it to your attention.

Sponsored Links
The problem as I see it (if indeed it is a problem), is that 'ordinary' people such as Miss Goody who for the most part are 'accessible' to the man/woman on the street, are thrust into the lime light for their 'Andy Warhol minutes'. 'We' see this 'ordinary/accessible' person on a very regular basis both on TV and on magazines, newspapers etc. In fact seeing her becomes 'normal', familiar perhaps. And I think that is where again 'we', subconsciously believe we 'know' this person. Any grief for someone you know is absolutely normal.

The problem as I see it (if indeed it is a problem), is that 'ordinary' people such as Miss Goody who for the most part are 'accessible' to the man/woman on the street, are thrust into the lime light for their 'Andy Warhol minutes'.
The point is that she is no longer "ordinary" due to our elevating her to a different status, for which we (through our contributions to the media) handsomely pay her. I,ve not read the context in which Warhol said the "15 minutes of fame", so cannot comment on whether he added "for financial gain"
'We' see this 'ordinary/accessible' person on a very regular basis both on TV and on magazines, newspapers etc. In fact seeing her becomes 'normal', familiar perhaps. And I think that is where again 'we', subconsciously believe we 'know' this person. Any grief for someone you know is absolutely normal.
No more than a cartoon character.
I cried at Lassie movies, and was touched momentary watching Bolt at the cinema yesterday. These are fictional characters with whom we attempt to empathise, but the feeling of sadness can only come from our imaginations and possible flaws in our own make-up.

Goody is a fictional character, about whom we know very little in reality. Her process of dying is the last 2 minutes of a weepy film.

I've always thought (and still do actually) that she typifies everything which is wrong with our society ... She is famous for ... Being famous!

I wouldn't wish her harm though and hope she passes away with dignity, with minimal pain and ... Quickly!

Next on the list ... Paris Hilton :rolleyes:

MW

Hopefully you'll be there to hold her hand as she passes through the pearly gates you could then perhaps tell her you're not really a nasty **nt.

PEARLY GATES :eek:

You daft t**t, not where she's going :rolleyes:

MW
Mega... everyone else, I know it means nowt to you but then it could be argued that it means nowt either way, so can I ask, can we leave this lass alone for what may well be her final days?

geez

what am i trying to say here?

my late previous wife, was diagnosed sept 11 2001 with 3 blood clots in her leg.

we had been married 3 months.

she died 7 weeks later, caused bt metastatic cancer.

the church was overflowing with about 50 people stood outside.

poor Jade,

personally I dont have any feelings what so ever towards her,

I dont know her.

Im afraid that this media swirl around her impending death, kind of sums up whats wrong with society these days.

art or todays ethos would say anything is not out of bounds.

we, can see the beheading of ken bigley, so it has to be ok to see jade goodey die?

well thats a perspective.

closing your dead wifes eyes, is quite traumatic believe me.

WDIK, I hope I'm never in your position. My parents both died fairly young (Cancer.... I HATE that word!), but I think that when it's your wife/husband it's different. That last line you wrote really touched me. No doubt we'll get the pathetic posts from the 'Hard Cases'. :rolleyes:

I don't know you WDIK (I don't even know your name!), any better than I 'really' know Jade Goody but one thing we all have in common is death! We will all face it, be it our family, be it our friends, be it ourselves! I think that that is the common denominator here. I also think that if Miss Goody had not had children the 'interest' would not have been so strong.

I am not as ready as you are WDIK to open up my 'wounds' to this forum and that makes you a better man than I am in my book. One thing I do know, it would make absolutely no difference what so ever, what I say to you in relation to your loss. I will therefore simply wish you and your family health and happiness.

thankyou.

I was trying to point out how tragic this whole subject is.

the problem as I see it.

people are so afraid of facing what is going to happen to them or their loved ones.

they will not face up to it as a reality.

paying dues to charity is one way, but.

standing up and saying this is no longer acceptable, and vocalising it.

a way forward where we see less of this tragedy.

even more so now we are in apparent recession.

The older you get the more death you see it is inevitable and will come to us all, but that doesn't make it any easier when a loved one or close friend dies.

When someone dies there seems to be two camps, those that loved them regardless of any wrong they have done and for all the good they will have certainly done. Family and friends will laugh and cry at past memories be thankful that their paths crossed and remember them with affection until its "our turn".

Then sadly there are those mean spirited individuals that choose to voice their opinions that the dead or dying is or was worthless, we're better off without them etc. Much of this bile is based on information fed to them by Chinese whispers that gather pace. These people have very often never even come into contact with the person they speak of, yet feel impelled to comment all the same.

I know nothing of this young lady but I doubt she is has done anyone lasting harm. If you're weak minded enough to believe edited highlights from a TV programme or what you "chose" to read in the papers or hear via news reports then choose to except it as fact, then more fool you.

Sponsored Links
Back