JAGUAR 28 /PUMP BUSHES

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI.. CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE PUMP ON THE JAGUAR 28 COMBI BOILER HAS REPLACEABLE BRUSHES. AND IF YES CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO OBTAIN THEM.THANKS

Sponsored Links
TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF!

Pump motors are generally not serviceable apart from the capacitor which can often be replaced.

Thanks for that advice.How much is a pump.Not cheap i bet

Parts are available through contact with glow worm who will give you the part number. Your local gas parts supplier can then obtain the part for you or you could try a few internet boiler spares suppliers.

It is illegal to use anything other than manufacturers genuine parts.

Manufacturers have a habit of making subtle differences to the same parts from one boiler to the next so that you have to buy 'the right one' at an inflated price.

Sponsored Links
Is it illegal to use non genuine parts Slug?

I have never heard of it being illegal, stupid yes illegal no.

What legislation covers that mate?

Sorry I did rush this post a little. Allow me to try to get closer to the truth.
AFAIK it 's not illegal as such but can be if the part you fit results in a dangerous occurrence.
What was in my mind is a corgi poster in my local gas suppliers warning of the consequences of generic parts. I'm going there now so I'll read it more carefully and get a pic of it if I remember.

The bit I rushed in my original post pro forma and edited out [I had trouble explaining it] was that my opinion is that a pump is a pump and of all the generic parts available then a generic pump is one I will continue to use but only when necessary, although I will not fit a 5m head where there was previously a 6m head pump fitted.
Theres 3 main makes of pump you find in most boilers. Grundfoss Wilo and Ideal. I'm aware that Grundfoss and Ideal make replacement pump heads for around £30 but whether one of these will fit is the luck of the draw for the reason mentioned in my last post.

The Ideal badged pump is a standard Circulating Pumps unit. As as far as I know there is only one model so complete interchangeability.

Grunfoss dont have many different variants but Wilo have lots!!!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back