Jaguar 28Kw KTV J

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After the usual everyday loss of pressure came home today, topped system up fired the boiler up and it ran fine for about an hour, then the display has gone dead, i have checked some internal fuses inside the PCB panel and they are fine, power to the board..as its dead im not getting any fault codes, only sign of life is the battery backup for the clock...
Is this the last rights for my old boiler?????
Not the best time of year for no heating or hotwater!!!

Stu

Sponsored Links
Your biggest problem is your everyday loss of pressure, by topping the system up everyday you will have really caused a lot of harm to the water content, I am guessing that the cause of the pressure drop is internal to the boiler and water has shorted something out not a good sign Im afraid

These are nice simple boilers and I find them totally repairable.

You may well find an engineer who is happy to repair it or there is always a slightly expensive fixed price repair by the manufacturer's group.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Many thanks,
Pressure drop was put down to a couple of slightly leaky rad valves..the pressure only drops once the heating switches off over a period of say 6hrs. Theres no water damage to anything i can see internally on the boiler, the electronics are dry no signs of burning or such and as the panels dead its got no fault codes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back