Vaillant 242E blowing PCB Fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My neighbour has a Vaillant 242E Combi and it suddenly failed the other morning. It was completely dead. I then discovered that one of the two internal fuses had blown (the one on the right when you open up the control panel and look down on the PCB)

I have replaced the PCB and the boiler was fine until I ran the hot water and the same glass fuse blew again.

Anyone any ideas please?

Cormac
Dublin

Sponsored Links
Most likely to be the pump failed.

Best way to test is to power the pump from an external source with a 3A plug top fuse.

Be aware that fixing your neighbours boiler could get you into regulatory and insurance issues if anything went wrong!

Tony

Ditto,, as Tony said failed pump, had exact same prob Friday, although AAV was leaking bad ,,, and didnt help.

Dave.

Sponsored Links
HI EVERYONE
I HAVE GOT A VAILLANT TURBOMAX 828E AND EVERY TIME I TURN ON TAPS IT BLOWS THE FI FUSE WHICH IS THE FUSE ON THE RIGHT WHEN YOU OPEN THE FRONT PANEL I THINK IT MAY BE THE FAN OR PUMP DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS ON TESTING THE FAN OR PUMP

THANKS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back