Jaguar Boiler 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please any help, I might put this few days ago but I'm putting it again because I can't find it, anyway, it a jaguar 24 it start for few seconds and the stops giving 'F1' on the display which indicates a fault, any idea what F1 means? help please :confused:

Sponsored Links
Kutaiba, I am sorry to see that you are still fixing boilers commercially when you are not CORGI registered.

As far as I remember the F1 is an ignition failure. However you can confirm this if its sparking abut not lighting. This is often due to a stuck gas valve on that model. Thats as far as I am going to advise you in this instance as I dont want to be seen encouraging an unregistered person to do illegal gas work.

Presumably you have confirmed the pressure is OK by pressing the button and I think the code for low pressure may be F4.

Tony

The burner starts for for few second, 10 - 15 and then stops, the water pressure is OK,

In that case if its really that long then it sounds like too long to be a flame failure as thats only 5 seconds.

Probably still a PCB fault though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Had similar fault was the cvi unit would light but not rectify

Hi, what you mean light but not rectify? cvi is it the ignition unit that attached to the gas valve? I did speak to the technical at Glow worm and they think its the ignition unit, I just want to make sure it is that, any fault flow chart that might help

From the MI's:-

F1 = No flame detected :-

Check flame sense electrode and connecting cable
Check ignition electrode
Check ignition unit on gas valve
Check fan operation

FWIW
F0 = Loss of system water / pressure sensor failure
F2 = CH thermistor failure
F3 = boiler overheating
F4 = DHW thermistor failure

F1 No flame detected.

Before going out and buying a new gas valve try the following:
Switch off or unplug boiler
Remove front cover (held by one screw under front and lift up)
Remove inner cover (held by two spring clips)
On the left hand side you will see a couple of pipes, one of them has
a reset switch on it, press the small black/red button in the middle of it
if it clicks all should be fine. Replace the covers and switch on the boiler
If this happens quite often the boiler should be serviced and may
need powerflushing of the system

Agile wrote
As far as I remember the F1 is an ignition failure. However you can confirm this if its sparking abut not lighting. This is often due to a stuck gas valve on that model

Then

I dont want to be seen encouraging an unregistered person to do illegal gas work.

Tony, Tony you naughty boy. you know what this looks like don't you.

Encouraging an unregistered person to do gas work...naughty , naughty.

And after 8 months I am sure he is not still not CORGi registered !

Its really a very poor show that CORGI do not stop people like him who are blatently flouting the rules.

He should be sent back to Kuwait !

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back