James Hunt : The last true racing driver.

B

Brigade77

This is a game my mates play. The rules are you can only add or insert, you cannot alter or remove any text. Enjoy, lets see if we can define the last true racing driver :-

James Hunt skids his car into the paddock with 5 mins to go before the race start, with 2 police cars hot on his tail.

Sponsored Links
James Hunt.....what a geezer. In front of a room full of people he dropped his keks, backscuttled an attractive lady journalist over the bar, shot his wad, then carried on drinking. Magnificent.

He was alleged to have a massive cocaine habit, but the press turned a blind eye as long as he fed them plenty of other interesting stuff to report.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like an alternative pole position!

Credit for the term 'backscuttle' goes to Roy Chubby Brown who performed a song .....'Do the Backscuttle' in front of me and a thousand other ticket holders in Blackpool in the early 90's. I laughed so much I nearly wet meself.

I'd heard the same Dave. Hunty was very partial to the Colombian marching powder. That's probably how he could do a full weekender on the lash friday night through till Sunday, then jump in a Formula 1 motor and win a race. Edward and Mrs. Simpson were also cokeheads. Mrs. Simpson administered it intimately the wording goes. I think that means she shovelled it up his rusty bullethole. Royalty. Such class.

Once saw a photo of him with Barry Sheene (another hero ?) looking out from the pits over a track, I believe they shared a sponsor, Marlboro'?, showed it to Mrs Dread, who remembered their names, bearing in mind she has no interest at in cars/motorbikes or motorsport, that's an achievement.

yep james hunt & Barry Sheene

The last of an Era.

An era prior to drivers getting the public relations officer brought in by manufacturers/ sponsors in order to promote a good image :)

Hunt & Sheene were mates with the press & as such both of there "life styles" were not written about or reported.

There were lots of colourful racing drivers then - Roger Clark, Gerry Marshall to name but 2. They make Lewis Hamilton look a proper lightweight

I saw JamesHunt on superstars when I was a kid. Couldn't press a dandelion over his head. Couldn't lock his arms even with a tiny girls bar. Think he was just as good on dips. Snotty chargenose poof.

He had a brother that frequented a pub I used. His claim to fame was that he was James's brother but he had more than his fair share of hangers on. Roger Clark and Gerry Marshall were more men's men than Hunt but Roger did do adverts for Cossack hairspray!

Sponsored Links
Back