Jehovah's Witnesses

The JW's don't knock on my door anymore, don't know why? I was only showing them my new baseball bat!

They knock on all the other doors except mine.

Andy

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
The JW's don't knock on my door anymore, don't know why? I was only showing them my new baseball bat!

They knock on all the other doors except mine.

Andy

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

A baseball bat is a sign of intimidation, all you need instead of a baseball bat is to say No Thank you, not interested, they love coming to mine, because I offer the best hospitality anyone can offer, teas ans biscuits, and a wonderful discussion on universe and science behind it, and the truth.

Oh by the way the science behind Universe is the science of God, not that of scientist, they are merely uncovering God's secrets. Scientists cannot even create a single atom, or any of the laws of physics. These are all God's laws, and each and every atom is His creation, what do the scientist know, most of it is pure speculation, half of it wrong!

and scientist now think God does not exist! that is ridiculous claim! what do they know? f all.

Ball-cocks.

I ask them if their child would need a life or death blood transfusion what they would do. The answer was to let the child die.

I HAVE HAD A BLOOD TRANSFUSION. Before anyone else says that they can use medication to double my blood, well that wasn't enough!!!

No one can tell me that their 'god' is greater then me being alive today.

Like I said, if you want to come to my door and tell me that your belief is that I should of died, then all I can say is meet my friend Mr Batty.

Andy

Ball-cocks.

I ask them if their child would need a life or death blood transfusion what they would do. The answer was to let the child die.

I HAVE HAD A BLOOD TRANSFUSION. Before anyone else says that they can use medication to double my blood, well that wasn't enough!!!

No one can tell me that their 'god' is greater then me being alive today.

Like I said, if you want to come to my door and tell me that your belief is that I should of died, then all I can say is meet my friend Mr Batty.

Andy

Wrong again, they would not let their child die, they would leave it to God, or as we say to Nature, if he is meant to heal the child will pull through, if he is meant to die then not even the best Doctor in this world and with as much blood transfusion will save that child, are you saying that a blood transfusion is a 100% guaranteed way to save the life of that child ? and what if the blood was donated by an evil man who tortured animals? and had other illnesses, blood is precisely the thing, no scientist have been able to replicate blood in any form or any synthetic blood that can replace human blood.Blood is sacred.

I am not JW, but I can see where they are coming from. sO ROLLEX TO YOU MATE! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I must say I like the baseball bat approach, I usually close the door with a firm hand, ensuring of course that their feet are firmly kicked out of the way because I don't want to damage their shiny shoes

The JW`s in this area donated a Blood Washing Machine (Autotransfusion) to the Local Hospital to overcome the transfusion problem, it is also available for the the community to use, and is a life saver, especially for Kidney patients

Ball-cocks.

Andy

Perhaps next time they call you could ask "Would you have an abortion if you found yourself with an unwanted pregnancy?" or "Would you kill someone or actively support the military in time of war?"

I googled quickly but couldn't find any concrete numbers on how many JW children (or adults) have died purely because they refused a blood transfusion - just individual reports and not a huge number of those either.

Ball-cocks.

Just one example of how religions impose unnecessary restrictions on their believers. They all do it to some extent, although this particular one is probably the most stupid. And what practical advantage does it provide to its followers? To permit them to go to 'heaven'? :rolleyes:

Wrong again, they would not let their child die, they would leave it to God, or as we say to Nature, if he is meant to heal the child will pull through, if he is meant to die then not even the best Doctor in this world and with as much blood transfusion will save that child, are you saying that a blood transfusion is a 100% guaranteed way to save the life of that child ? and what if the blood was donated by an evil man who tortured animals? and had other illnesses, blood is precisely the thing, no scientist have been able to replicate blood in any form or any synthetic blood that can replace human blood.Blood is sacred.

So, what you (or they) are saying is that, bearing in mind there is no such thing as a god, people whose lives could be saved by a blood transfusion should be denied that treatment because of a fear of the consequences of upsetting an imaginary supernatural being.

So, what you (or they) are saying is that, bearing in mind there is no such thing as a god, people whose lives could be saved by a blood transfusion should be denied that treatment because of a fear of the consequences of upsetting an imaginary supernatural being.

Your argument is about as invalid and ignorant, as threatening an atheist with hell.

Your argument is about as invalid and ignorant, as threatening an atheist with hell.

Once again, you're lowering yourself to the level of name-calling! In response, then, I'd say that you are as ignorant as an ignoramus who has just passed out of ignoramus college with first class honours!

This attempt at putting me down is not going to achieve anything, now is it? Instead, why not be more constructive and explain why you consider my statement above to be invalid. Is that, perhaps, because you have definite proof of the existence of a god?

Pre-empting your expected response, no, I cannot prove that there isn't a god, other than to state that I have seen absolutely no evidence of such a supernatural being. And, of course, we've already had very lengthy threads about that argument, so please don't start yet another one.

Edit: I have asked more than once on this forum about the whereabouts of Joe90. No-one has replied.

Are you Joe90? Come on, be honest now.

I said your argument was invalid and ignorant, if you see that as me calling you ignorant, well, I will allow you to win that argument.....

Pre-empting your expected response, no, I cannot prove that there isn't a god

No, you are not getting it.

Any argument based upon "there is no god, so how do you justify X", is essentially irrelivent to believers, just as "you will burn in hell" is irrelivent to you.

They believe in god, therefore they believe their actions are justified.

So you either decree by law that they have no right to practice their beliefs, or you argue within the structure (scriptures) of their beliefe.

And, of course, we've already had very lengthy threads about that argument, so please don't start yet another one.

I have no interest in such threads, as all they demonstrate is how two sides will never change such opinions based upon discussion.

They believe in god, therefore they believe their actions are justified.

So you either decree by law that they have no right to practice their beliefs, or you argue within the structure (scriptures) of their beliefe.

Of course, there have been instances of high courts over-ruling Jehovah's Witnesses' beliefs when the lives of their children are being put in jeopardy by those beliefs. A decision I wholeheartedly agree with. I do believe it is high time that certain backward religions drag themselves into the 21st century, at least in this country.

In that respect, it seems that my argument is not so invalid or ignorant after all.

Oh God! You mean I have wasted my time explaining to you that God is Energy as such he is invisible, unseen, and shapeless or formless, but he is able to incarnate in a human form when he wants, so that is when he claims he made man in his image,

However, that is not what i said, I said that there is absolutely no guarantee that despite blood transfusion, life may not be saved, life and death is not in our hands, we can bring an old banger to life when we repair its worn out parts, a biological body cannot be revived even when it is just died, because the so called invisible soul had departed from this body that gives it the life and its personality that it developed over time.

If you bring someone back to life from a coma, he or she would have lost much of personality which resides in his memory, once the memory is deprived of oxygen, the soul departs, and if you try to revive a person with fresh supply of oxygenated blood, then that person may come around but he will be clinically dead, i.e. his organs may continue to perform tasks, he may be put on life support system, artificial breathing, his heart may have been kick started, but he will be brain dead, because he has no more soul, he wouldn't know what is happening around him, he may randomly say words, or move his body, but he will be a cabbage.

In some cases it may take years to rebuild his personality, and gain his soul back. but in most cases the Doctors and family decides to switch off life support system.

Ok so let me see, if I were a JW, and I was involved in an accident and lost much of blood, then I would sure like to live to praise more of God, so i would opt for blood transfusion, that will be my choice, but if God really did not want me to live then that transfusion would not even save me. And that will be sad really because then I would not be able to come on here and speak about the absolute truth! :)

But Mike, as an atheist I don't need to worry about what a non-existent god wants to happen to me.

'He' only seem so hold sway over religionists.

Sponsored Links
Back