Jeremy Hunt shifting the tax burden towards pensioners

stop being so selfish and thinking about yourself and do your part for the country
Around 3 billion in lost taxation each year from isa`s how many nurses teachers schools and hospital would that pay for
Oh so you are concerned about lost taxation....

So why have we never seen you complain about the

£200m spaffed up the wall by Michelle Mone
£4b spaffed up the wall on bogus PPE contracts
£billions wasted on VIP Lane
£500k wasted on Owen Paterson
£30b on test n trace
£600m on Rwanda scheme
£250m on brexit propaganda advertising by Johnson
£10b a year on brexit red tape
Cost of additional 100,000 civil service staff due to brexit red tape
£40b on brexit divorce Bill

Sponsored Links
Oh so you are concerned about lost taxation....

So why have we never seen you complain about the

£200m spaffed up the wall by Michelle Mone
£4b spaffed up the wall on bogus PPE contracts
£billions wasted on VIP Lane
£500k wasted on Owen Paterson
£30b on test n trace
£600m on Rwanda scheme
£250m on brexit propaganda advertising by Johnson
£10b a year on brexit red tape
Cost of additional 100,000 civil service staff due to brexit red tape
£40b on brexit divorce Bill
Love the amount of time you waste each day with all your lists

No party is going to be able to make grown up choices. Labour are using this small change in policy against the Tories.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
No party is going to be able to make grown up choices. Labour are using this small change in policy against the Tories

"A Conservative party spokesperson said: “We are cutting national insurance contributions again for 29 million working people to end the unfairness of double taxation on work"

Good to see they confirm what I said.

it's the ageing population that has most of the wealth

so if the purpose of taxes is to raise money, it's normal to try and get it from the people who have it.

Coincidentally, it's also the ageing population that makes the biggest demands on public services such as health and social care.

I am retired now and prepared to pay my share.

Do you have a 6 figure pension/income. - did you fall in to the top rate of tax payers while working?

If the answer is no. You've never paid your share.

Other people have subsidised your share and you seems to think its fair for them to pay even more, to allow you to pay even less.

Ready to pay your share :LOL:

Do you have a 6 figure pension/income. - did you fall in to the top rate of tax payers while working?

If the answer is no. You've never paid your share.

Other people have subsidised your share and you seems to think its fair for them to pay even more, to allow you to pay even less.

Ready to pay your share :LOL:
How do you determine paying your share.

Somebody on minimum wage paying all his taxes or a big earner with a good accountant allowing him to avoid some?

Divide the total Tax income needed by those who have an income. If you pay more you are paying your share, if you pay less, someone else is paying your share.

Not everyone can pay their share (disabled, unable, temporarily out of work etc). As long as people are trying to be a net contributor then we are all good. But don't tell people "you are ready to pay your share", if you think those who already pay most of the taxes, should pay more.

Be honest and say, I should pay less than my share, because I can't afford to pay my share and others who can afford to pay my share should cover my gap.

Divide the total Tax income needed by those who have an income. If you pay more you are paying your share, if you pay less, someone else is paying your share.
That's very simplistic and totally unreasonable.

A worker on minimum wage paying all his taxes is paying his share. Look at his total percentage of tax against his income (not just paye) and he is possibly paying more than his share.

Nobody is suggesting people should pay all of their income as tax. Or are you?

Divide the total tax needed by the total income in the country.

Of course people with big incomes pay more income tax than people with small incomes

Though people with big incomes pay lower rates of NI, and the same rates of VAT except when they use tricks like having their boats or planes delivered overseas, or when they use loopholes that are not available to ordinary working people.

I mentioned some time ago a conversation I had with neighbours, where we found that the richest person paid the lowest average rate of tax.

Almost as if the tax system had been designed to favour the rich.

That's very simplistic and totally unreasonable.

A worker on minimum wage paying all his taxes is paying his share. Look at his total percentage of tax against his income (not just paye) and he is possibly paying more than his share.

Nobody is suggesting people should pay all of their income as tax. Or are you?

But he isn't. Do the sums yourself if you want

Sponsored Links
Back