Jerusalem.......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Decades ago a friend told me it was a protest song.

The dark satanic Mills rather than depicting the Mills of the industrial revolution depicted the Church with Satan grinding down the souls of men.

The poem/ song doesn't extol England its rather the opposite calling for a fight to change things.....

Enjoy ........

Sponsored Links
A little bit of profound & over emotional philosophy from a lightweight. I fear.

The only possible reason you could ever consider "Jerusalem" as a replacement for our national anthem is because your opinion has been formed by the MSM that promotes it.

That is, we are assuming that you are not a part of the promotion . . . .

Decades ago a friend told me it was a protest song.

The dark satanic Mills rather than depicting the Mills of the industrial revolution depicted the Church with Satan grinding down the souls of men.

The poem/ song doesn't extol England its rather the opposite calling for a fight to change things.....

Enjoy ........

vid includes plenty of pics of Norman castles, built by the foreign invader to suppress the native English.

Sponsored Links
A little bit of profound & over emotional philosophy from a lightweight. I fear.

The only possible reason you could ever consider "Jerusalem" as a replacement for our national anthem is because your opinion has been formed by the MSM that promotes it.

That is, we are assuming that you are not a part of the promotion . . . .

The song is rather restricted in its geography....

OK, but they didn't stay, and some would argue that they were not modern humans, so don't count :)

Actually, scrap that, my history might be history.

Humans in the British Isles have not really changed much since they first arrived.

_48273096_humans.jpg

Humans in the British Isles have not really changed much since they first arrived.

_48273096_humans.jpg
Is that some woolly mammoths I see?

And is that a cow with Covid coming out its ears?

Judging by the scythe, it was well past the bronze age. :whistle:

Sponsored Links
Back