Jewsons

L

longdogs

Does anyone actually buy anything in Jewsons? They are ridiculously expensive.

Sponsored Links
They need the money as they have just bought build centre or should i say saint gobain have

Sponsored Links
They tend to serve the big account holders, and they give them the discounts to more reasonable price levels, and this keeps them going.

The business model seems to be that they will price the stuff high and if Joe Public wants to buy, then its a bonus

Its a bit like the Build Centre Group

By law they are supposed to price everything - but they never do.

I reckon the sales people are able to give you a good discount if you ask.

Got offered a jewson cash account card which gave us some discount, still to expensive only used it once :rolleyes:

Another one i wont use is Travis Perkins for the same reason, i've started to use B&Q a lot more with their Trade Point, and dont be afraid to barter. :mrgreen:

Another one i wont use is Travis Perkins for the same reason, i've started to use B&Q a lot more with their Trade Point, and dont be afraid to barter. :mrgreen:

barter with who? the self serve till?

Ima, the latest purchase i've made is a combi boiler retail at £649 after two phone calls i got it for £600, but it helps if there are about 6 B&Q shops in town :cool: also it has to be the larger shops with a separate Trade Point.

Ima, the latest purchase i've made is a combi boiler retail at £649 after two phone calls i got it for £600, but it helps if there are about 6 B&Q shops in town :cool: also it has to be the larger shops with a separate Trade Point.

To be fair, you're right, we should all barter more, but sometimes it is quite difficult to know who to barter with....

I put a bit a bit of business Jewsons way late last year and I was talking on the phone to one of their sales staff. The particular product he was pushing I had seen the night before on their "on line" trade catalogue which was advertised as being "On Sale at 50% off". So I mentioned this to the bloke on the phone that I had seen it and it was "on special offer". "Oh, don't pay no notice of any prices you see advertised" he says "You tell me what you want and I'll look after you".........WTF :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back