JG pushfit to chrome

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can anyone tell me if I can use jg speedfit to connect from the 15mm plastic pipe to the 15mm chrome tails to a towel radiator. So I will not have any visble and unsightly plastic fittings at the bottom of the towel radiator.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes but you have to get rid of the chrome cos the metal teeth won't bite, but don't make it so rough that the rubber O ring won't seal. Use emery paper, coarse then fine does a nice job.

You could use compression fittings instead, though if they're concealed, neither is ideal.

Or you could bring the plastic in to the rad valves, and cover it with a chrome "red-snap", as long as it's straight.

Hi again ChrisR
If I go with the plastic pipe into the valve and cover with the chrome snap on's,can you tell me , I will need the 15mm inserts and then what would be the best olive ie brass or copper, and is this acceptable to do as all my other rads are 10mm pushfit. Also where would I buy the red-snap and what is it exactly.
Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Also where would I buy the red-snap and what is it exactly.
Radsnaps.
Also, Talon make Snappitt in chrome. Various lengths available.
A CP snap-on pipe cover should be available at all good merchants and DIY places.

F your taking speedfit into compression fittings DO NOT use the standard insert with an o ring on, you need the solid inserts specially designed for connectin plastic to compression.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back