job and knock

Sponsored Links
Sadly, employers are too bloody tight these days, to offer any incentives such as job and knock. Therefore the job expands to the time available for the job to be done. ;) ;) ;)

Sadly, employers are too bloody tight these days, to offer any incentives such as job and knock. Therefore the job expands to the time available for the job to be done. ;) ;) ;)

My employer operates 'job and knock', in fact the MD says fair play to ya, make the best of it while you can because there might be days when you'll be working late.

I'm at customers homes for about 9/9.30ish and most days i'm home for dinner, sometimes earlier, when i'm home late though its usually 6/6.30ish

Sponsored Links
Crank, your employer is one of those precious "Few and far" between ones. And thanks for helping my stepdaughter out the other week mate. Could have done with your help today as it happens, but, sadly I fell out with the person I was doing a good turn for. Was replacing a piece of timber above her conservatory and had to take a glass unit out to unscrew the timber (screwed through the frame) I reckon it's one of these where the unit is put in first, then the plastic seal trim, then the rubber seal is done on the opposite side. Anyway, the owner thought she knew better and started telling me I was doing it wrong. Then she started shouting at me when she was struggling, claiming I shouldn't have taken the unit out. (How was I supposed to undo the screws through the frame then? )
Anyway one thing led to another and now her dg unit is out and the polycarbonate roof is open to the elements, (I'm sat here praying for a thunderstorm)
;) ;) ;) ;)

No probs John, just wish you PM'd me when she got locked out, i'd of been in in 60secs with no damage, just a new cylinder, her door was too far gone to do much else mate.

As for job and knock i've never worked for anyone that works that system, it was always head back to base and pick another job up, unless it was late afternoon in which case we went home.

I can't grumble though, you probably remember a few years ago when i was made redundant, out of work for 18 months, then you if i remember rightly. Landed on my feet with this job though, love it, has its moments but what job doesn't, work with a cracking bunch of lads all over the UK (when required), sometimes work away but get looked after with expenses, van provided, fuel provided, laptop and 30k + a year

Nearest I've had to job and knock was when I worked for the council. We had Flexitime, or Work/Life, Balance (as they called it)
I must have saved them thousands, by working through breaks just to get a job finished, so didn't have to go back the next day. Got a warning from the payroll dept for doing it though. They couldn't see that by not returning to a job the next day for an hour or so, I was saving them the fuel, wages etc . Mind you, no one there was ever bothered about saving money. Profligate blaggers. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Bin men still get 'task and finish'.

Bin men still get 'task and finish'.

Yep,. Round our way though, they come up with almost every excuse under the sun for missed collections. Ranging from "Can't get round that street because of parked cars" to " We thought another team had done that round."
And don't even get me started on the bloody mess they leave behind them. :evil: :evil:

What mess do they leave behind. Do tell.

They refuse to collect if the lid is open more than 6" and if the handles don't face the road

Remember the days when they walked up your path, picked a steel bin up and threw it on their shoulders and carried it to the truck.........they even bought the bin back and EVEN put the lid back on, i live in a cul de sac and they just push them away from the truck when finished and leave them in the road, never do i get the same bin back

Sponsored Links
Back