Job but still waiting for pay.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know I shouldn't wash my linen in public but I hope to make people aware of the perils of working for people you don't really know. :(

As some of you know I started a self employed job as a loft surveyor and my role was door to door signing up people for top up loft insulation.

To date I have signed up 20 deals at £30 commision on each with the first wages being paid 4 weeks after first lot had been signed up and then weekly.

First payment was supposed to be last week but surprise suprise! :LOL: my bank account is still quite bare!

Worryingly is the 2 directors are not taking or returning calls and my sales manager has gone rather quiet too since I enquired about wages! :LOL:

I am sure this is an oversight and the lack of communication and lack of payment must be down to a technical error and not any wilful intention to not pay up. :eek:

Anyone else had this in the past and what are your thoughts.

Sponsored Links
My daughter was going to do this for a temp job but I warned her off it. They rely on a new set of mugs every month that will work for nothing.

Aren't you a CAB man? Can't you pull a few strings?

Sponsored Links
Aren't you a CAB man? Can't you pull a few strings?

You and me both live in the real world.

If people are downright dishonest you will not get any money out of them. Threatening with legal action etc will not get you anywhere.

Your first loss is your best loss unfortunately. :(

I feel your pain, at least you weren't stiffed for over 14k. :cry:

Hi eddie

How did you get taken for 14 k :?:

By a dishonest client, who was happy for me to work for them, even signing the work off, but then refusing to pay, stating just about everything was wrong, I think I may have inadvertently started the Syrian conflict according to them!! Anyhow, they wont pay and it would cost in excess of 30k to sue them (don't ask!) with an uncertain prospect of winning or getting costs awarded.

I have phoned a few of my early clients and it seems they have not had their insulation fitted or even given a fitting date! :confused:

It looks as if the government funding has run out for my employers hence no commission. I am not owed any money if this is the case and I shall be working for a more reputable company in the future and transfer my existing clients over.

This company should have been straight with me but I have lost all confidence in them now.

Let this be a lesson to everyone on here! :(

As some of you know I started a self employed job........

To date I have signed up 20 deals at £30 commision on each with the first wages being paid 4 weeks after first lot had been signed up and then weekly.

First payment was supposed to be last week but surprise suprise! :LOL: my bank account is still quite bare!

Anyone else had this in the past and what are your thoughts.

First thing is that if you're self employed you don't get wages.....

So sounds like your payment terms are 28 days from presentation of your invoice? So they are seven days late....

In the world of self employment that is nothing exceptional, people pay their suppliers late all the time. In fact these big outfits have a company policy to pay their suppliers late. You just have to hang in there and keep in touch with them.

If you have your customer's telephone numbers then the first thing I would do is ring them all and tell them not to use the company. Make something up if you have to. Then scrape up a large pile of dogs doo, stick it in an envelope and send it to one of the directors.

Infact, why not NAME the company

Sponsored Links
Back