Pay for Telly in Hospital

Of course, if you are seriously ill, and I've been there, you wont be able to access the tv in the side room - but would you want to?
No because it'll be full of that Swine Flu, MRSA stuff! :D

Sponsored Links
All I can say about hospitals is, Pay for TV and parking is a rip off,

I've been in and out of hospital 13 times in the past five years and never paid to watch tv yet. There is, in my experience, always a side room with a tv where patients can have a chat, watch the footie or whatever, all for free. Of course, if you are seriously ill, and I've been there, you wont be able to access the tv in the side room - but would you want to?
I can't argue with your experience. However, both my parents were in hospital a lot during the last couple of years of their lives, and their experiences differed completely from yours. TV and phones cost a fortune, and visiting was highly expensive due to parking fees. This was for hospitals in London, Manchester and the West Midlands.

There is little more upsetting (for want of a more appropriate word) than having to buy something from the hospital cafe to get the correct change to pay for your parking, having just seen your mother's dead body laid out in a side room.

Parking in my local hospital was £1 per day, now it's free. Kids always use the staff restuarant which serves the same food, but is half the price of the visitors restuarant ans always used the side room tv.

There is little more upsetting (for want of a more appropriate word) than having to buy something from the hospital cafe to get the correct change to pay for your parking, having just seen your mother's dead body laid out in a side room.
That is truly awful. These bloody hospital managers/councils/trusts etc should be ashamed.

Sponsored Links
The new Royal Derby Hospital was built with little regard for car parking. So much in fact that the staff either have to park in the side streets for free or park in the hospital car parks for a cost of around £9 per day.
Local residents have complained about the parking on their streets, guess what the council intends to do??
Install parking meters on some streets. Money grabbing bar stewards. Mid you some local have cottoned on to the fact that they can rent out their driveways for the day :) , while they are at work.
Locals also complain vociferously about the emergency air ambulance helicopter flying over their homes at all hours. Cretins might need it one day themselves.

Locals also complain vociferously about the emergency air ambulance helicopter flying over their homes at all hours. Cretins might need it one day themselves.
What, to get them across the road? It'd be quicker to send a porter with a trolley! ;) It's a Joke!

I agree blas - kick a man when he's down eh?
Wouldn't be so bad apart from the fact that most of the land for parking either is or was publicly owned anyway - thus we've paid for it!
Bit like the massive asylums and their hundreds of acres of prime building land then :rolleyes: all gone to yuppie housing.

I agree blas - kick a man when he's down eh?
Wouldn't be so bad apart from the fact that most of the land for parking either is or was publicly owned anyway - thus we've paid for it!
Bit like the massive asylums and their hundreds of acres of prime building land then :rolleyes: all gone to yuppie housing.
Give us a link Nige man, I haven't a clue what that's about. Is it a London thing?

London :!: It`s Country wide :eek: . Every County had an asylum . East Sussex had Hellingly ( Sussex is where I live ) ... actually there is an "awesome" USA site where the guys took photo`s of it`s deriliction . Brilliant photography. just google Hellingly. That particular site even had dodgy dealings around the sale - allegedly - according to a local paper.And the Travellers stripped out £££££ of scrap from the miles of basements - long before the demo. guys moved in :LOL: . Best bit is ... there is still a "secure unit" for murderous insane people - seriously. on the site - so your new mega ££ home has that up the road :LOL: :LOL: Care in the Community. :rolleyes:

The NHS don't make money out of the phones and tele's they are provided and maintained free to the various hospitals by private companies.

The car parks are usually franchised out to subsidiaries of NCP to police and look after,ie ticket machines barriers etc but the local trust gets a cut.

As for mobiles in hospitals completely ok in general wards,but not in theaters, itu , or icu.

My wife (ex nhs radiographer ) works for a company that manufactures heart monitors, and no one has had a problem with the machines and mobiles.

I'm guessing the mobile ban rule is to stop all those who apparently can't live without their phone beeping/ringing every two minutes discussing what they are having for dinner/who they have just seen and what he/she was wearing...... you get the drift

Yes bit annoying when your about to peg it and the crazy frog goes off :LOL:
Doesn't stop the jokes going around via txt from the professionals when their bored in theaters though. :eek:

London :!: It`s Country wide :eek: . Every County had an asylum . East Sussex had Hellingly ( Sussex is where I live ) ... actually there is an "awesome" USA site where the guys took photo`s of it`s deriliction . Brilliant photography. just google Hellingly. That particular site even had dodgy dealings around the sale - allegedly - according to a local paper.And the Travellers stripped out £££££ of scrap from the miles of basements - long before the demo. guys moved in :LOL: . Best bit is ... there is still a "secure unit" for murderous insane people - seriously. on the site - so your new mega ££ home has that up the road :LOL: :LOL: Care in the Community. :rolleyes:

and ive heard its haunted,apparently?

where do you hail from nige?

[

and ive heard its haunted,apparently?

where do you hail from nige?
about 15 miles from there as the orb flies ;) . I don`t think the asylum is haunted as such , but I wouldn`t want to live on the site of one , in case there is truth in the " stone tape" theory that the ground can absorb something from strong emotion etc. There was around 1000 inmates when it was in full swing, that`s a lot of poor buggers with out of control emotions :cry:

Sponsored Links
Back