Anyone Got a Spooky/Unexplained Story?

Gary_M said:
Brightness said:
I also have photographs of spirit if anyone is interested. I am not prepared to put them up on here but if anyone wants to see them then e-mail me and I will send them to you.

I have been on several psychic investigations and seem to 'draw' spirits to me for some reason. I am deadly serious btw and if anyone wants to take the p*** then feel free to do so, you get used to it after a while :rolleyes:

Sounds fascinating. Do you see auras and things too?

I have on occasion seen auras but I mainly see other 'things' and hear things too. And no I'm not a scizophrenic - my GP assures me that I am one of the most level headed people he knows! :LOL:

Adam_151 If there's any of that voddy going spare send a bottle my way ;)

Sponsored Links
Gary_M said:
notb665 said:
I've been told I have "healing hands".

Are you sure it wasn't 'wandering hands' ? :) ;)

Hmm, yeah. :LOL: :LOL: .Them too.

Actually I have been told I have 'healing hands', but I do not really know what it means and I can't say I'm that bothered to research it, but if someone knows anything, I'll read it.

Brightness said:
I have on occasion seen auras but I mainly see other 'things' and hear things too. And no I'm not a scizophrenic - my GP assures me that I am one of the most level headed people he knows! :LOL:

There was an intersting correlation I was always meaning to research further, but never got around to it. I used to work in the mental health area, and I know of quite a few 'relatives' of people with schizophrenia who were 'tuned into' hearing and seeing unexplainable things/events. Now comes the interesting bit - they were almost always 100% accurate :eek: It made me think, could schizophrenia be the minds way of coping with such things - i.e. society has placed 'boundaries' on what is acceptable and not, so when a person experiences something that is unexplainable they basically 'turn themself crazy' because it does not make sense to them. However, the relatives have accepted that we don't have to live and think in this 'box' that society has built around us, therefor they are more receptive to such things. Even to this day we know very little about our brain - there is a huge amount of it that is 'unaccounted for' - but, surely it must be there for something?

The British culture doesn't like people stepping outside this 'box' and 'think for themself'. Perhaps because it is not so easy to 'govern' a self-thinker, but look at some other societies - i.e. people go off to the hills, live in a cave for a week, take hallucinagentics, and come back with their 'new found knowledge' to rule their people. They are seen as great leaders - in this country they would be put into psychiatric care :confused:

Sponsored Links
Gary_M said:
Brightness said:

There was an intersting correlation I was always meaning to research further, but never got around to it. I used to work in the mental health area, and I know of quite a few 'relatives' of people with schizophrenia who were 'tuned into' hearing and seeing unexplainable things/events. Now comes the interesting bit - they were almost always 100% accurate :eek: It made me think, could schizophrenia be the minds way of coping with such things - i.e. society has placed 'boundaries' on what is acceptable and not, so when a person experiences something that is unexplainable they basically 'turn themself crazy' because it does not make sense to them. However, the relatives have accepted that we don't have to live and think in this 'box' that society has built around us, therefor they are more receptive to such things. Even to this day we know very little about our brain - there is a huge amount of it that is 'unaccounted for' - but, surely it must be there for something?

The British culture doesn't like people stepping outside this 'box' and 'think for themself'. Perhaps because it is not so easy to 'govern' a self-thinker, but look at some other societies - i.e. people go off to the hills, live in a cave for a week, take hallucinagentics, and come back with their 'new found knowledge' to rule their people. They are seen as great leaders - in this country they would be put into psychiatric care :confused:

Yup *nods in agreement*. Apparently this sort of extended sense or sixth sense that I have runs in my family and whilst I would say that some of them were a tad nutty they weren't put in the mental hospital or anything.

They do say that a genius is only one step away from a madman too LMAO My big brother always used to tease me that I had a higher than average IQ because I was a nutter :LOL: .

Personally, I would love to go and visit some of these 'spiritual' places & meditate with Buddhists etc. I love to learn about 'spiritual cultures' too. It's amazing how, as you say, some people can go off and live in a cave and take hallucinogenics - they rarely take enough food to live on either and in normal circumstances the hallucinogenics would poison their systems and give them an O/D but for some reason it doesn't. I find it truly fascinating.

Oh yeah and as for the British culture not wanting people to think for themselves - I've had this all my life and am used to being called a weirdo and a witch and other names :rolleyes:

Gary_M said:
Brightness said:
Go here http://www.snu.org.uk/healing.htm. About halfway down the page it will explain all about spiritual healing.

Interesting.

Could you send the photos you mentioned please? You'll get my email address on the link to my website in my profile.

Ta :p

OK got your email address - will send a couple now and will have to go through some CD's to find the others as hubby kindly backed up the computer on them and forgot to label them :rolleyes: hahaha

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Shakespeare's own 'madman', Hamlet.

So much we don't understand, although there are enough con-artists about, people can be fooled...even the creator of Sherlock Holmes, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, was a confirmed mystic, who believed in fairies and was tricked by a fake photo of a fairy.

Having said that, many must have experienced eerie coincidences, telepathy, things can't quite put your finger on?

Just last week I bought a talking book from a toystore in Oxford Street for my neice, on the same day my sister later told me she'd picked up the same book in Tesco's and was going to buy it...okay, maybe we just think alike, but there are numerous times that things like this have happened.
Have heard of identical twins, when one has gone into labour, another not knowing this has had sympathetic labour pains! What's that all about?

I gotta respect people who think for themselves.

aude sapere...dare to be wise

noodlz said:
Have heard of identical twins, when one has gone into labour, another not knowing this has had sympathetic labour pains! What's that all about?........

Yeah, much research has and is being done using twins, and the outcomes are quite eerie :eek:

:LOL: I love it Brightness, especially one with William Shatner on the plane with the gremlin outside.....mwahahaha!

Gotta get a copy of that to show to family and friends night before a flight
;)

I know one thing about twins, when one misbehaves the other one does at the same time.

I know from first hand, got twin girls 5 years old, what a hand full.

Brightness said:
OK all sent Gary you should get it soon :D

Photos arrived safe and sound - many thanks. I was a bit embarrassed at first, but only because I didn't realise that such 'dancing' was still practised. I guess that you have very understanding neighbours ;)

Sponsored Links
Back