Anyone Got a Spooky/Unexplained Story?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having previously studied behaviourism and psychology I have always been a bit cynical about 'unexplained' events until a few things happend to me that I just could not find an explanation for :confused:

I will tell you about one of them............... A few years ago I was going visit a girl that I had just started 'going out with'. I arrived at her house late evening (9:30pm) and as I parked I noticed (in the rear view mirror) someone walk behind the car and towards a hedge. I could also see him in the 'side' mirrors - so there was definitely someone there. To put this into perspective - she lived by the shores of Loch Ness (in a house of course, in case anyone picks up on this :LOL: ), and her house stands quite a distance from any neighbouring house. There is only one road that passes her house, and I knew that I did not pass anyone as I was driving and there were no 'exits', paths, etc that this person could have came from. Anyway, I turned around and all I saw was this 'black shadow' of a male which disappeard into the hedge.

I got out of the car and went over to the hedge to see if I could spot anything - nothing, and the hedge was 'solid' with no way through.

I went into the girlfriend's house and told her what had happened. She went very quiet before asking me to show her where about I saw this 'person'. After showing her the area she began to tell me how this part of the hedge used to be the entrance to the garden, but some years ago it was altered. Her mother and father had both died in this house, and supposedly every night (at the time I arrived at the house - 9.30pm) her father used to go out of this gate to check there was no one coming, before going back into the house to lock up :eek:

When I descrbed the rough size and shape of the 'shadow' it would appear to be very similar to that of her father :confused:

I still don't have a solution to what I saw that night. Believe me - I have gone through the usual 'skeptical' thoughts - was I tired?, could it have been a trick of the light?, etc, etc - but none of these apply. I believe that what I saw was real.

I had never had such an experience before. It was really exciting to experience such a thing. There were quite a few similar things that happened when I stayed in this house - I will tell you about them another time.

Anyone else got 'unusual' stories to tell?

Sponsored Links
About 11 years ago, myself, the girlfriend at the time and two of my colleages spent a night in Chingle Hall just outside of Preston. It was a sponsered thing for charity. Oh, I should mention Chingle Hall is supposed to be haunted and is really old. Anyway. The owners showed us round the place then about 11.30 left us for the night.
We didn't get beds to sleep on, we just got plastic garden furniture (the type that recline when you lift the handles).
So my two colleages left me and the girlfriend in one room and they went downstairs to try and start a fire in the dining room.
The GF and I decided that the chairs were no good to sleep on and so moved the chairs aside to lay the sleeping bag out on the floor. (I had a very heavy leather jacket at the time and I put that on top of the chair that I had been using)
Right now the good bit......we wanted to get in the same sleeping bag. So that we could zip the sleeping bag up, it was necessary for us both to sit up at the same time to try and keep the shape of the sleeping bag so that the zip wasn't parted (if you get my meaning). Right then as we were both sat up facing forwards, right infront of us the chair we had moved (the one with my heavy jacket on it) quickly slid about 18" to the left. It was a very smooth movement considering the floorboards were very uneven and the chair didn't seem to tip at all.
I said to the GF, "did you do that with your foot?" and she tapped my leg with he foot showing me that she couldn't possibly have done it from her position. So then it was just like you see in the movies.....we both look at each other and say "s h i t" and ran back downstairs to the others.
There was no explaination for that chair to move like that and I now know that there's definite proof of ghosties and such stuff.

keyplayer said:
I bet you weren't expected until 10.30.

:LOL: :LOL: No, the man was going 'towards' the house, but I like your way of thinking :)

Sponsored Links
Chingle Hall just outside of Preston

my wife did that charity spooky sleep over thing with work mates .. complete waste of time ...no ghosts but money raised for Breast Cancer

the old owner was sued when he sold it as No Ghost has ever been seen by the new owner ..lol..lol wonder wether he thought it was going to be like "RentaGhost"...LOL...LOL

You calling me a liar Moz?
I have never touched the stuff.
I know what WE both saw. It was unexplainable.
I was the biggest skeptic but now I'm a believer boy!!!!! I said God damn! It's a miracle!!!!!!!

LOL @ gcol ;)

maybe that owner who got sued for £100,000s wish he had your testamony in court ,lol :)

Once when I was a kid, me and some friends (4 of us) were playing in the garden at night time - hide and seek. All of a sudden my friend came running back scared shless. Asked him whats wrong and he reckoned he saw a ghost - we all laughed and told him to show us. He took us to the bush he had been hiding under and I swear to this day that sitting on the fence of the yard opposite us was a yellow see through man. He was just sitting there and then he turned and looked our way - I could have beaten a cheetah for speed that night. About 5 years later asked my friend about the night in question and he remembered it exactly the same way. It was a different experience....

It's OK guys I believe your stories. I am a sceptical believer. I always look for a reason or explanation as to why things have happened but I have seen, heard and experienced ethereal things so often now that I could write a book on them.

I also have photographs of spirit if anyone is interested. I am not prepared to put them up on here but if anyone wants to see them then e-mail me and I will send them to you.

I have been on several psychic investigations and seem to 'draw' spirits to me for some reason. I am deadly serious btw and if anyone wants to take the p*** then feel free to do so, you get used to it after a while :rolleyes:

Brightness said:
I also have photographs of spirit if anyone is interested. I am not prepared to put them up on here but if anyone wants to see them then e-mail me and I will send them to you.

I have been on several psychic investigations and seem to 'draw' spirits to me for some reason. I am deadly serious btw and if anyone wants to take the p*** then feel free to do so, you get used to it after a while :rolleyes:

Sounds fascinating. Do you see auras and things too?

Brightness said:
I also have photographs of spirit if anyone is interested

so do I :LOL:
1t_Vodka.jpg

[/ban]....

Sponsored Links
Back