Of course not a word of this is true

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Of course not a word of this is true as it's from the DM ;)

My colleagues and I go on field visits to see families who are supposedly on the breadline and cannot subsist except by the largesse of the British taxpayer. Yet they have nice cars, top-end plasma TV screens, the latest games consoles for the kids, Sky TV and all the rest of it. How on earth are they paying for it?

I'd love all those luxuries, but I can't afford them - because I work for a living.

One of our 'customers' is a musician of west African descent who is doing really well and often appears on TV. Certainly, tributes on his website as well as comments from his agent are effusive about just how successful he is. Yet he and his family recently rang us to arrange some property viewings - they were on the council list and wanted rehousing in a more central location.

He was very fussy: it had to be a period, character property and it had to be in London Underground's Zone 1 - ie, central London.

We showed him a beautiful, four-storey Georgian property in a central London square with a park in the middle. He seemed delighted, as well he should be - this is a house worth well over £1 million and a normal rental would be £1,000 a week. He's getting it subsidised for £130 a week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-social-housing.html?ITO=1708&referrer=yahoo

Sponsored Links
I read this story today. Of course, if it's in the DM then some people on here will not believe a word of it..... But, If it is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not true, then the government have got to step in and alter the rules for asylum seekers and those from foreign countries.
We have all read the report a few months ago of the Iranian woman, who moved into a flat in Westminster, claiming she had separated from her husband (an unemployed asylum seeking solicitor), Had nothing and needed housing for her, 2 sons and a daughter.
As it turns out, one of her son's is disabled (suffers from some condition we have never heard nor care about), so she's on benefits claiming she has no money etc.
The day she moves in, there's the 54" plasma screen tv. (she couldn't afford) 3 or 4 mobile phones, computers, laptops, games machines etc, expensive furniture.

The question goes begging,, If she claims to have no money, where did these expensive luxury items come from??
She should have been made to sell them to help pay the rent (£900+ per week).
IMHO councils should pay no more than £100 per week in housing benefit.
If they want to live in luxury accommodation, let them get a job that pays enough for them to afford such luxury houses.
No more luxury living , courtesy of the public purse.
They should be offered council housing on the sink estates and if they turn it down, be taken off the housing list.

Sponsored Links
We are all part of Europe now so pay Romania to look after them. It will help Romania and discourage economic migrants.

Back