John Major: We are no longer a great power. We will never be so again.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1325877143163842561.html

"We are no longer a great power. We will never be so again. In a world of nearly 8 billion people, well under 1% are British"

"We are a top second-rank power"

"There is no consensus on #Brexit, and never has been. It was a bitterly divisive policy, and uncorked a populism that may be difficult to quell.
The Referendum debate was unlike any I have known before. Emotion overcame reality".

Sponsored Links

"We are no longer a great power. We will never be so again. In a world of nearly 8 billion people, well under 1% are British"

"There is no consensus on #Brexit, and never has been. It was a bitterly divisive policy, and uncorked a populism that may be difficult to quell.
The Referendum debate was unlike any I have known before. Emotion overcame reality".

3 years old...Not exactly hot off the press

We are no longer a great power. We will never be so again. In a world of nearly 8 billion people, well under 1% are British"
And how does Brexit change the UK Population..Dredging up the British Empire to prove a point about Brexit.?? The Empire went long before the EU happened.

Sponsored Links
He made this speech yesterday - its less than half a day old. Are you ill?
Screenshot_20201110-101024_YouTube.jpg

2010 In fact...No i am not ill but thankyou for the concern

View attachment 210926
2010 In fact...No i am not ill but thankyou for the concern

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I posted the one he did yesterday - but you clicked on the one he did 10 years ago because playback for the video I posted has been disabled on this site. You can view the video I posted on youtube .

DP you fell into this with both feet.

I will let you off as you are a child.

It is quality that counts not quantity.
America has only 5%of the worlds population yet there isn't a country that can match them militarily.

John Major may very well have made a speech yesterday but that is not the one you posted.

The threader app and the tweets are from his speech which if you looked at the timestamps you know they were not from 3 years ago.

Poor lad.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I posted the one he did yesterday - but you clicked on the one he did 10 years ago because playback for the video I posted has been disabled on this site. You can view the video I posted on youtube .

DP you fell into this with both feet.

I will let you off as you are a child.
I can only click on the link you provide Gal!..

were not from 3 years ago.
Corrrect..the time stamp is as shown in my screenshot...Nov 2010..As said..And I will repeat for the hard of comprehending..." link you provided shows a 2010 speech""No doubt you have erased or corrected your link by now Gal...Keep up man.

Yesterday's politician fighting yesterday's lost battles.

"""Major was often mocked for his nostalgic evocation of what sounded like the lost Britain of the 1950s ":""..He does have form for sentimental rose tinted spectacle speeches though.

Sponsored Links
Back