John Major: We are no longer a great power. We will never be so again.

"""Major was often mocked for his nostalgic evocation of what sounded like the lost Britain of the 1950s ":""..He does have form for sentimental rose tinted spectacle speeches though.
He used to reminisce about listening to the sound of leather on willow while drinking warm beer on the village green.
I thought he was brought up in a council house in London.

Sponsored Links
:""John Major: We are no longer a great power. We will never be again.""

Bit of re inforcement for the resident doom mongers.

He clearly demonstrated no judgement on that one.
JM is a well known remoaner..Using the Gal methodology where everything is money centred...JM paid megabucks for spouting anti Brexit crap..And?

Sponsored Links
I'm surprised Ellal didn't start this thread, more akin to squeaky mouse's rhetoric but not far from the Gallahad at times 'we are sh;t at everything'

I don't think we should pile the entire blame on our current government or Brexit for this sh'tness its been coming for a while now, and it will only get worse.

It's a combination of ever decreasing control/ fear of recrimination, press political spin and manipulation like never before, process and governance out of date with today's society. Look at the police for example, how many examples do you see of stand offs between police and unruly thugs plus crowds waving phones at them to attempt to capture an 'unprovoked response'. Its shameful, what a fcked up country we live in.

Boris is dammed if he does and if he doesn't, im not protecting him but fck me every step is shamed and bleated about, ok what else do we do, turn to Starmer oh no wait his party is in meltdown over offending people from years back now, we have enquiries into enquiries, the Police complaints commission will soon need a bigger budget than the police itself to ensure it doesn't offend anyone waiting longer than a week for a response to being offended.

All i can say is the more people we let into our house and the nicer we are, the more everyone will take the pi$$ till it's wrecked and overrun. We are too soft and too afraid to offend so many people it's steering the ship off course so much.

We are going down the sh'tter and its the fault of many including John Major he's always been a soft lad and he too pro-rogued whilst shtupping that munter so he can STFU or help out.

Last edited:
I'm surprised Ellal didn't start this thread, more akin to squeaky mouse's rhetoric but not far from the Gallahad at times 'we are sh;t at everything'

I don't think we should pile the entire blame on our current government or Brexit for this sh'tness its been coming for a while now, and it will only get worse.

It's a combination of ever decreasing control/ fear of recrimination, press political spin and manipulation like never before, process and governance out of date with today's society. Look at the police for example, how many examples do you see of stand offs between police and unruly thugs plus crowds waving phones at them to attempt to capture an 'unprovoked response'. Its shameful, what a fcked up country we live in.

Boris is dammed if he does and if he doesn't, im not protecting him but fck me every step is shamed and bleated about, ok what else do we do, turn to Starmer oh no wait his party is in meltdown over offending people from years back now, we have enquiries into enquiries, the Police complaints commission will soon need a bigger budget than the police itself to ensure it doesn't offend anyone waiting longer than a week for a response to being offended.

All i can say is the more people we let into our house and the nicer we are, the more everyone will take the pi$$ till it's wrecked and overrun. We are too soft and too afraid to offend so many people it's steering the ship off course so much.

We are going down the sh'tter and its the fault of many including John Major he's always been a soft lad and he too pro-rogued whilst shtupping that munter so he can STFU or help out.

Lol

So when you complain about the culture, immigration etc - that's ok but when I mention this inept Government then it means we are crap at everything. Hmm Doesn't add up - time for Priti or Dianne to calculate this - choice is yours! :mrgreen:

Precisely.Great Point.Well made..According to JM the UK is feked and a shadow of its former self...But all was fantastic until the day we voted Brexit ...Yeah..Rite.

So you just s hitted on the UK implying it wasn't great before Brexit - very negative aren't we.

DP you really do launch yourself into this with both feet.

So you just s hitted on the UK implying it wasn't great before Brexit - very negative aren't we.

DP you really do launch yourself into this with both feet.
Never mind...you have post brexit UK to look forward to!...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1325877143163842561.html

"We are no longer a great power. We will never be so again. In a world of nearly 8 billion people, well under 1% are British"

"We are a top second-rank power"

"There is no consensus on #Brexit, and never has been. It was a bitterly divisive policy, and uncorked a populism that may be difficult to quell.
The Referendum debate was unlike any I have known before. Emotion overcame reality".

So who are the great powers in the world?

That leaves us 4th so far. Any more ?

you think that dUK is more of a "great power" than Germany, France and the Russian Federation?

None of the second rank are in the same league as China and US.

How do you want to measure it?

Sponsored Links
Back